October '22 chat -- "Ghosts in the Machines"

Status
Not open for further replies.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
shit, we need to.

i aint no corbin but im also the kind of guy that would have just a couch, tv and lights inside the house to be "furnished" lmao
I don’t mind pictures on the wall but I don’t need 2 weeks worth of decorating to take it down two weeks later. Ain’t got time for that

Reactions: LBZ and Chevy1925

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I used to do Halloween decorations but have yet to have a single tricker treater come by in the 11 years I've been at my house. you would think it would be a perfect street with not much street lighting , no sidewalks, houses set back a bit from the road, lots of trees, in the older part of town so a little more run down and older houses, and did I mention dark. but I guess the kids (or more likely parents) are too scared. everyone goes to the new track houses, that are well lit and all the rich people live for their candy

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
I used to do Halloween decorations but have yet to have a single tricker treater come by in the 11 years I've been at my house. you would think it would be a perfect street with not much street lighting , no sidewalks, houses set back a bit from the road, lots of trees, in the older part of town so a little more run down and older houses, and did I mention dark. but I guess the kids (or more likely parents) are too scared. everyone goes to the new track houses, that are well lit and all the rich people live for their candy

Last house we were there 7 years. No kids

New house has a 1/8th mile long driveway. Doubt we have any kids come by either. 😂

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

Lol our new place is like that. Instead, the community gets together and does a tailgate at the equestrian park. Horse and hay rides for the kids, little roping show, and other little fun shit

I seriously love bein out of the city. Missed this shit

Reactions: 2004LB7

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
we used to have an event called the night of a thousand pumpkins just down the street from mine. A street lined with 1000+ carved pumpkins and other Halloween decorations. city cancelled it because it was "too popular". give me a break

used to attract thousands of visitors, venders, restaurants would be full, shops would be selling out, etc. stupid city council didn't like it and had to shut it down. cost the city hardly anything and they made money on the event

they also cancelled Oktoberfest so it kinda went underground at a private indoor paid venue

the city is slowly killing itself

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
I managed to decorate my fuel tank with a few gallons of unleaded over the weekend. I pulled into the truck lanes at a gas station I frequent when I go up north to my property. Start fueling and notice the price was cheaper than normal, then noticed the smell of gas. Looked at the pump and unleaded. Shit, shut the pump off and quickly drove the truck away from the pumps. Buy a 2 gallon gas can for $25 and started draining the tank. I had 2 empty 6 gallon water containers in the trailer that got sacrificed and what didn’t fit was left at the gas station. I had about a half a bottle of hot shots secret fuel treatment left and put that in the tank and filled with fresh diesel. So far so good and the truck didn’t hick-up once. I know fuel sumps get a bad rep around here but it sure made draining the tank easy haha.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Gas is lighter than diesel too so having a sump definitely helped your situation.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I wonder how many people have made a long bed out of their short bed?

seems like there was a thread on it a while back.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
doooo iittttt.

Swap frame sections, fuel tanks, spring hangers (re drill and bolt), build brake lines and drive shafts, swap beds, extend the exhaust.

What else am I missing?

For what it’s worth his is a reg cab long bed, mine is crew short

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
use a LML driveshaft, then its one piece.

i think everything else above pretty much nails it. IIRC there is a factory splice section on the frame you cut out and makes adding in the new one easier. you need to tune the truck for the bigger tank as well.

might be simpler to cut the harnesses and resplice them in for the rear lights/trailer wiring?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
use a LML driveshaft, then its one piece.

i think everything else above pretty much nails it. IIRC there is a factory splice section on the frame you cut out and makes adding in the new one easier. you need to tune the truck for the bigger tank as well.

might be simpler to cut the harnesses and resplice them in for the rear lights/trailer wiring?

Yeah I was planning on cutting at the frame weld just like you would to short bed a truck, then just swap rear halves.

I’d rather just splice the 10 Wires on the Harness and be done

Reactions: Chevy1925

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
If both trucks are down at the same time, you could literally just swap all the parts.

Like fuel lines, brake lines and the harness.

Status
Not open for further replies.