November '23 Chat -- Deer Hunting, Thanksgiving and Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
That’s a good looking bed. Well done.

I’ve considered one for my lbz, what’s this going on?
Thank you! Going on the 4500 I bought a few months ago. It’ll have 4 underbody boxes on it when it’s done. Lots of storage. Two 18x18x30 up front and two 14x16x24 in the rear

Attachments

• B6BB2FE1-1815-41DE-A8D7-4030A791C12E.jpeg
    B6BB2FE1-1815-41DE-A8D7-4030A791C12E.jpeg
    335.9 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: clrussell

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
That looks like that meme where the guy is working under the old pickup using 2x4s to hold it up in the air. :LOL:
I snapped the pick just after driving the truck out from under it. It’s all blocked up and jack stands now.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I help pick up turkeys from the grocery store for work next week. 13 days to go. This month seems to be flying by. At this rate, next week will be Christmas 😂

715Hunter

Jul 28, 2022
Missouri
Hey! Dont bring the big guy into it yet!!!
I'm with you. People out here putting up reindeer on November first, and I'm like Give it till after Thanksgiving at least! I wanna enjoy both holidays with all their respective positives. 😂 And their own amazing food. (Quite frankly that's the thing I look forward to most.) 👀

Reactions: 2004LB7 and TheBac

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I'm with you. People out here putting up reindeer on November first, and I'm like Give it till after Thanksgiving at least! I wanna enjoy both holidays with all their respective positives. 😂 And their own amazing food. (Quite frankly that's the thing I look forward to most.) 👀
I'm not really a "Christmas person" per-se mainly because of my job. Usually I was just too darn busy during the week, and every second on the weekends would be planned, otherwise nothing would get done before the sn*w flies. Last few years, I just dont care anymore. Things will take care of themselves. Less stress that way. Honestly, Im having more fun on the job now bc of that.

But yeah, seeing Xmas stuff out in OCTOBER just irks me. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 715Hunter

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Reactions: TheBac

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yep, that's about right. Our regular UPS driver is AWESOME. I've seen him park at the top of our road/hill with 18" of snow on the ground and road and schlep packages down the hill on foot. FedEx on the other hand, if there's a heavy frost, it's 'undeliverable due to weather/impassible road'
A few years back, I was complaining to my wife about how diffidult it was having to use my cart in 6" of snow. She says, "Go get a sled". So simple.
So ya know what? I did. Damn thing fits in the cab behind the safety bar on the pass side of the truck....perfect spot.
First time I used it, I put four large barstool boxes on it and easily pushed them up to the house. I was laughing the whole time, thinking "Why the hell didnt I do this years ago?"
My coworkers pick on me all the time about my sled, but they also see the logic in it. At my age, I have to find ways to make the job easier.

BTW, we also have an option not to deliver to homes if its really bad out. Its called "emergency conditions".
Better to wait a day or two for the plows than to get stuck. Many times Ive been out in blizzard conditions that keep me on paved or main roads only.
On those days I have to use my area knowledge to deliver country road stops to their relatives in town. Works pretty well, and it only actually affects things a few days during the winter.
Thank god for modern snow tires, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.