New Mexico Members or Shops?

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
Ha!

Yeah, everything has it's pro's and con's. I have always felt the GMT800 platform is the best blend between comfortable and "updated" interior, with minimal (relatively) electronic dependence making ease of service that much more accessible.

While a 7.3 might be dead reliable, the interiors leave a lot to be desired I think and they're slow and will rattle my teeth out. Same with a 12v, and I think most 3rd gen Cummins are butt ugly.

Had this been a new truck that had issues, a warranty wouldn't have done anything for me on a Saturday night/Sunday in the middle of no where.

With all that being said, a 15-19 LML/L5P is looking more and more enticing... I'm just super turned off by the emissions, regardless of keeping them or not.

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
Also, just a small update on the lines themselves, I'm told Lincoln Diesel is going to pull a couple sets of their aftermarket lines off the shelf and bench test them for quality and will let me know if they run into issues.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I see the needle bouncing off the seat a hell of a lot with no lube. It might kill it.

Could try unthreading the solenoid but now he’s ripping the top end apart. Hmmm
I know I’m late to the thread, but there’s no reason to waste a good tech opportunity. I’m by no means an expert, but I think it takes fuel pressure above a certain amount at the inlet to make the pintle rise.

Reactions: DAVe3283

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
Also, just a small update on the lines themselves, I'm told Lincoln Diesel is going to pull a couple sets of their aftermarket lines off the shelf and bench test them for quality and will let me know if they run into issues.
i just had some of their lines i sent back. I must of accidently added them in the cart and didnt realize it until they shipped. My stock ones aren't in bad shape so hated to keep something for 350 i didnt need and i have another set in the shop from another truck. Definitely keep us updated.