New Diesel in the family.

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
IMG_0346.jpg

My wife has been driving a VW Touareg for about 2 years and I was really starting to hate that vehicle. $60+ fill-ups every week was starting to eat away at the wallet and it was about to come off of warranty so we decided to pull the trigger on the new diesel jetta.

Initial thoughts are: "I can't believe this car is physically possible!" It has amazing pick-up, is actually faster to 60 than most other cars in it's class. Every time I'm driving 70 mph and look down and the mpg is hovering around 50, i giggle inside.:D

Plus, Obama owes me $1300 dollars on April 15!

Here's some pics

IMG_0348.jpg

Family

IMG_0347.jpg

Last edited:

MrUPS

Mar 18, 2009
Northwest Pa
Thats a sweet ride and with mpg like that how can you go wrong? What are you gonna spend the extra $$ on.....I'm sure the truck needs something!

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Sweet. My wife wants one some day too... They're nice cars. Too bad none of our US companies offer something similar.

Last edited:

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
My fiance loves her '05, we've put about 22,000 miles on it since we bought it in December. Gets over 40mpg in the city and over 50 on the highway, plenty of power too. Maybe we'll trade it in on an '09 in a few more years.

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
My fiance loves her '05, we've put about 22,000 miles on it since we bought it in December. Gets over 40mpg in the city and over 50 on the highway, plenty of power too. Maybe we'll trade it in on an '09 in a few more years.

They last forever. You may not be trading it in. :cool:

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
Thanks guys!

I think it just went over 100 miles today. Fortunately, the learning curve for my wife has been pretty easy since she was already used to driving my truck. I just keep telling her "it's the green handled pump." I don't expect to actually have to hit the station until sometime next week. I'm going to do my best to keep a mileage log if I can. I expect high 30's to low 40's until the engine get's broken in.

I would like nothing more than to gut that DPF right now but I'm going to wait until after it's out of warranty. I figure it should be in the family a minimum of 10 years and hopefully more, so there will be plenty of time for that stuff. Plus my wife said "this car is going to stay stock for a while.":(

I think there are a few guys doing tunes right now, I've seen around 170hp and 315 ft/lb at the wheels. Stock is rated 140/236. I expect some crazy stuff for this motor on the horizon. VAG is going to put it into the Golf for the 2010 model and the same engine is going in an AUDI A3. With how popular modding the 1.9L was, I'm sure the 2.0L will takeoff. Especially in the sportier A3.

I like this car so much that I've entertained the thought of trying to find an older mk3 or mk4 tdi just to mod and have fun with.

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
What is planned for your truck Craig? Keeping it now?

Yes, I'm going to keep the truck now.

I plan on leaving the truck the way it is, no more power and definitely not taking any way. Hopefully, if the weather is nice it should be on the track for the first time in 2 years next Wednesday. I haven't raced in a while and our Wednesday night racing is really laid back and lots of people I know have been going, maybe even get Ecc out there.;)

Also, I have a dedicated hot rod that I have been neglecting for too many years. It's time......

Taken in 1994.
bcuda94.jpg