New Converters what transpired?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Here's a log with several instances of the converter locking and several screenshots from that log showing what I'm talking about. If you look at it in Dashboard B you can see RPM and MPH go up and down ever so slightly immediately after lockup. I think this is the biggest problem I have with the converter. It seems to shake the truck when it locks. Mike, what do you think?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• lock.zip
    78.9 KB · Views: 0
  • lock1 (Large).JPG
    lock1 (Large).JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 52
  • lock2 (Large).JPG
    lock2 (Large).JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 47
  • lock3 (Large).JPG
    lock3 (Large).JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 45
  • lock4 (Large).JPG
    lock4 (Large).JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
by elastic i meen as its locking it actually propells you forward as its locking .almost simular to boost coming on or a small surge of power .I dint have tht feeling with my 57. but i do like hows this converter feels and locks over all i do like my 58 better then my 57 thers no shake in mine just nice and solid

I get a similar reaction out of my 5-star.
I now what you are saying Josh. I don't lke it either but my "stock" tranny has lived for 25000 km like this with no issues-yet.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
As fast as I can, I will get some concrete data. But I like the 1055 more than anything else with a big charger. Nothing like spooling a huge single on Fuel Only in front hundreds of diesel guys.

There is something intrinsically bad-ass when that fatty wakes up and starts to howl. Primordial. Testosterone enhancing. :D

Buuuurrrrr!!!

I chill went up my spine and i gots da bumps. :D

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Here's what I know for a fact.

If you clamp a clutch abruptly, it will break things if there is not something to give.

This is not conjecture, it's fact. It's like a hammer blow every time. Given enough time it will snap something.

A Firm Shift/Lockup does not have to be an impact. Quick, firm, and smooth is what saves parts.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Here's what I know for a fact.

If you clamp a clutch abruptly, it will break things if there is not something to give.

This is not conjecture, it's fact. It's like a hammer blow every time. Given enough time it will snap something.

A Firm Shift/Lockup does not have to be an impact. Quick, firm, and smooth is what saves parts.

You just described me there Pat:rofl::joker: