New Colorado ordering

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
There is in the base truck. Not with the diesel.

The US arms of GM appear to have warranty concerns and don't trust people to know how to drive properly.

I'd absolutely agree with the worry about the trans. It seems to be the glaring weak link so far. I have my doubts it'd live at stock power levels if you're pushing the truck pretty consistently.

EFILive posted numbers that were around +45 HP, and pushing torque over 400 lb/ft.

Transmission tuning support is also available with EFILive. Switchable tuning on the fly development is about to move to in-vehicle testing.

Cheers
Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
That's awesome if the switchable tuning works!

Any updates on switchable lml tunes?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
It's so.... Cute!!!! Ha-ha. Nice pictures. Love the new Colorados, would own one for sure. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
4845ABE8-50DF-4748-9A8B-9FC627A89600_zpso1dj0enw.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks for the pics. I'll take any news at this point. I'm starting to get impatient. :)

Out of curiosity, anyone know what the sensor in the (I'm guessing) downpipe is? If it is the downpipe, nothing I know of would make sense.

Wouldn't be IAT as it's before the intercooler. Can't be a pyrometer as it's on the intake side.

The only thing I'm guessing it may be is some boost reference? I know these things have a 'throttle body' for lack of a better term. I'm assuming what us gassers know as manifold pressure would be behind the throttle. Are they measuring both fore and aft pressure? If boost gets too high in front of the throttle they close the turbo vanes down?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Thanks for the pics. I'll take any news at this point. I'm starting to get impatient. :)

Out of curiosity, anyone know what the sensor in the (I'm guessing) downpipe is? If it is the downpipe, nothing I know of would make sense.

Wouldn't be IAT as it's before the intercooler. Can't be a pyrometer as it's on the intake side.

The only thing I'm guessing it may be is some boost reference? I know these things have a 'throttle body' for lack of a better term. I'm assuming what us gassers know as manifold pressure would be behind the throttle. Are they measuring both fore and aft pressure? If boost gets too high in front of the throttle they close the turbo vanes down?

It's a iat sensor.

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
Interesting, thanks. Do they have fore and aft IAT to determine intercooler efficiency? It seems really strange to me that it's before.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Here is a picture of E98 DSP4 that we posted with the E98 release last week.
E98%20DSP5.png

LML switchable tuning will never happen. ECM design and security took care of that.

Cheers
Cindy

Cindy, awesome work on DSP-4 for the E98! You guys are amazing. :thumb: :cool:

Is DSP on the E98 via discrete input, or CAN? Hopefully its discrete input. :D

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Out of curiosity, does the international market use a DPF and DEF and such, or is it just the US market. I was looking at some pics and videos of the 2.8L overseas, and didn't see a DPF or even a cat on them, yet they still ran smokeless.

Suns_PSD

Aug 18, 2015
Damn Robert, about time you showed your ass here.:happy2:

For some of you guys that don't know Robert Miller; he happens to be the best Duramax tech around. He does all of McRats wrenching and is the only person I allow to work on my truck.:thumb::D

He was pretty good back in the day on that TL1000R of his too! I have a photo of Rob behind me dragging knees on a SoCal road circa 2001 but I can't locate it at the moment. Good times that I'll always cherish.

As far as mods go, the 2.8 is a proven engine as it's the same casting that was used some years back in the Jeep Wrangler and is now used overseas. They just essentially got rid of the Bosch and went to a Denso fuel system and threw on the SCR, which improve OEM performance obviously.

But the limitation is the 94mm bore combined with only 4 head bolts per cylinder limiting max Cylinder Pressures. And the same little GT1752 only with a water cooled center bearing and with a different trim compressor wheel for our altitude variations isn't going to get you very far either in the power department. This little engine will end up around 205 rwhp and 425 tq before turbo over-speeding occurs and exhaust backpressure becomes the limitation. I know that won't stop many from pushing it harder. And breaking more parts.

I usually broke stuff when I went all nuts on my diesels so I keep it nice and mellow now. 200 rwhp and 400tq will tote my mountain bike and 180# ass around just fine. I leave exploring the 'bleeding edge' up to you guys!

I GDE tuned my wife's Grand Cherokee Eco-D and it runs like an absolute champ. From 10mph-75mph it accelerates like a Hemi and we average 27 mpg with 80% in town driving. The 2.8 Canyon isn't going to have as much engine as the Eco-D (I4 2.8L vs. V6 3.0) nor as good of a transmission (6sp vs. 8sp) but the Twins are going to weigh 1100# less which is going to result in a comparable experience I suspect.