New build for the Mistress

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Torque down low increases the risk substantially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This I know hence over build for 1000hp. Crankshafts aren't being broken by torque or firing order but more from harmonics which increases with rpm. I am going to try a few things and roll the 🎲 🎲

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Got a return email from Edelbrock, no release date yet just a confirmation that they are still in production with no known plans on L5P ports.
I think everyone need to send emails suggesting L5P ports...

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
They should interchange but why is it you want to use the lbz over the LML?

In injectors are different aren't they? Wouldn't that require changing the ecm? Exactly what are the differences???

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I was understanding you want to not use the rear cover/ adapter plate. Is that correct or am I wrong?

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Oh I thought you were talking about the heads LOL. As far as the rear cover I could use either but with most of the parts being LBZ it's just easier stay with an LBZ rear cover.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Gotcha. The heads can be machines to accept the injector if needed I believe but that’s counterproductive if you already have the heads. Good luck with your build.

Reactions: 56taskforce

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Since I made the decision to leave my original engine in tact I realized the need for a core motor to get all those nic nacs from without sending myself to the poor house. Where is the best place to find a complete all accessories attached LBZ core???
Or does anyone have one at a good price?

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
My guess is craigslist. Just saw a complete LML this past weekend on there for $600 and listing said it had a knock noise but ran. Had harness and everything. Someone beat me to it though. I’ve seen complete LLY’s for around $1k and LMM’s. I’d be worried though that the acronym LBZ raises prices another grand though just cause the praise it gets

Reactions: 56taskforce

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
My guess is craigslist. Just saw a complete LML this past weekend on there for $600 and listing said it had a knock noise but ran. Had harness and everything. Someone beat me to it though. I’ve seen complete LLY’s for around $1k and LMM’s. I’d be worried though that the acronym LBZ raises prices another grand though just cause the praise it gets
I found these guys https://www.dieselcoreresource.com/product-category/buylist-buy-list/engines/ they have one LBZ but it's from a Topkick and has an SAE#2 transmission adapter.

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
. Do they actually sell them though? Just browsing the website it says sell this item, not buy this item. Seems like they buy cores and parts but don’t sell back to public. Of course maybe the browser through my iOS doesn’t work right on their site.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
had a little mishap with my mini excavator that is going to eat into this build a bit. 4023.jpegthis is bad timing and has to be fixed as we really need this machine around the property right now. I am going to replace the rubber tracks with steel obout $5500.00 so thats about a 6 month delay for the build.
With any luck maybe Edelbrock will have released their LBZ heads by then. In the meantime I did take some time to mock up some of the acquired parts to insure they play well together beings as i am mixing LML L5P and LBZ stuff.20200927_182305.jpg20200927_182334.jpg

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
you’re probably tightening those tracks too much. They look to be in pretty good shape to be torn already. unless you ran over something sharp.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Rocks too many rocks where I use the thing now that and time not used much anymore and the cords get rusty and break. When I was in business it spent a lot of time on walks and driveways needed rubber tracks. Back then I would wear them out but on our property we don't have dirt we have dirty rocks...

Reactions: Dozerboy

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Anyone have info on factory LBZ crankshaft balance? I want to balance the Compstar crank I have for use in a stock LBZ bottom end.
I will be upgrading the built motor crankshaft so not abandoning this build just think it deserves a narrow journal internally balanced shaft.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Oh almost forgot new steel track to replace the bad rubber tracks are on the way so the build will resume shortly...

Reactions: Dozerboy