New build for the Mistress

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
OK James Fastbrick called now it's your turn.... I need Edelbrock to think the word wants thes heads right now!!!:ROFLMAO:

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Like I said, it's been done. KidTurbo has done it on both of his boat motors by machining the pump bodies and shafts to clear the cover and reluctor wheel.
Yes sir I know you did. I called Socal they said they had done it as well but didn't recommend it due to the pump housing being paper thin where clearanced. However due to ending up with an LML girdle I am thinking this build has turned into an LML short block with LBZ heads.
I kind of like the idea of leaving my original engine complete anyway.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Yes sir I know you did. I called Socal they said they had done it as well but didn't recommend it due to the pump housing being paper thin where clearanced. However due to ending up with an LML girdle I am thinking this build has turned into an LML short block with LBZ heads.
I kind of like the idea of leaving my original engine complete anyway.

If you're already running and LML girdle and have to run the LML upper pan and front cover I guess that kind of answers your question haha. So then you could ask SoCal about machining down an ATI style damper hub to put the belt in the proper location vs spacing out your accessory brackets.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
No no no Joe I already have most of an LML short block... You all have got to stop planting ideas LOL

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I need to confirm the differences between the LML and LBZ transmission adapter plates. Specifically are they different at the pan rail?

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
come on guys someone has to know it the LML transmission adapter is the same at the oil pan rail as the LBZ ????

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I know there was a slight change, I don't recall if was a bolt depth change or what. I think the cooling passage coming out is also different.

Maybe SoCal knows since they build these engines???

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
You could check the part numbers on one of the GM websites. Other than that I don't know.
The two plates are different just don't know where? I prefer to use that LBZ plate as everything up top is LBZ. Due to using an LML from cover from an LML so I can use tha LML oil pump I also have to use an LML girdle and pan. So what I am hoping is the LBZ transmission adapter will bolt to the LML pan... If not I will have to modify an LML adapter to work with LBZ turbo plumbing.