New build for the Mistress

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
It's all good that is at the picture was taken at the distributor don't even know if the shipper was UPS just being funny blaming The Bac...

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Ahw hell I didn't even see you had posted there Joe. My post was in response to the post above you.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Was sent pictures of the replacement oil cooler. This one will ship out this Monday. 3710.jpeg3707.jpeg

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I also have learned a few things about the Edelbrock heads that has me thinking hard about going that route.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
This is an LML block with a 2020 L5P oil Cooler being built as an LBZ so already a bastard child. What I am looking at now is an LML oil pump. If I change the front cover oil pump and gear then use a LML damper will it all work??? Or would I also need a CP4 to CP3 conversion???
I guess all I am asking is how much would have to change to use the LML oil pump?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
This is an LML block with a 2020 L5P oil Cooler being built as an LBZ so already a bastard child. What I am looking at now is an LML oil pump. If I change the front cover oil pump and gear then use a LML damper will it all work??? Or would I also need a CP4 to CP3 conversion???
I guess all I am asking is how much would have to change to use the LML oil pump?

To run the LML oil pump you have to do one of 3 things (all of which include buying the oil pump/pickup tube and trimming a gusset in your oil pan to clear the larger pickup tube). I personally went option #2 for my LB7 build.

1) Run the LML pump/front cover/damper and space out your accessories
2) Machine the LML pump to clear the early cover (pump body and shaft)
3) Run the LML pump/front cover/damper BUT machine the damper hub down to meet the early accessories. SoCal was working on this option but I don't know how far the went.

The LML block will already accept a CP3 pump so no worries on a CP3 conversion. As of now the Edelbrock heads are only available for LB7 (01-04) and LML (11-16). They are a really nice cylinder head once they're ported. Out of the box they seem very lazy at low lifts.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Thank you. I have had trouble finding a local machine shop to line bore and decided to send it to SoCal for this. I will give SoCal a call to see if they have finished their LML oil pump convertion.
I may be ordering a new pan upper and lower as well as front and rear covers. If I get all these parts in LML is the damper the only thing that will need alterations? BTW something else to consider the girdle I am using is LML dose this dictate using an LML upper and lower pan?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Thank you. I have had trouble finding a local machine shop to line bore and decided to send it to SoCal for this. I will give SoCal a call to see if they have finished their LML oil pump convertion.
I may be ordering a new pan upper and lower as well as front and rear covers. If I get all these parts in LML is the damper the only thing that will need alterations? BTW something else to consider the girdle I am using is LML dose this dictate using an LML upper and lower pan?

I can't help you on the pan question with your girdle. If you run the LML oil pan you do not need to modify it for clearance.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Oh I know that the Edelbrock LBZ heads have yet to be released. I do have a bit of time before I am to the heads on theis build so I am hoping they are released by then...

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Ok so I called SoCal Diesel and it seems in order to use the LML oil pump I would have to use the LML front cover. To use the front cover all of the accessories must be changed. Since my girdle is LML I must use the LML front cover. So I must either exchange the girdle for a LBZ girdle or buy everything LML...

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Are they just out of stock or what? When I spoke to them last year, They had something like 50 sets assembled.

Now I don't even see them listed anywhere.

(Part# 79029) 2001-2004 LB7
(Part# 79059) 2004.5-2005 LLY
(Part# 79089) 2006-2010 LBZ/LMM
(Part# 79119) 2011-2015 LML

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Are they just out of stock or what? When I spoke to them last year, They had something like 50 sets assembled.

Now I don't even see them listed anywhere.

(Part# 79029) 2001-2004 LB7
(Part# 79059) 2004.5-2005 LLY
(Part# 79089) 2006-2010 LBZ/LMM
(Part# 79119) 2011-2015 LML
Not sure what you are asking? I am not having any trouble getting anything. The question at hand is what parts interchange between LML and LBZ specifically making the LML oil pump work.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Not sure what you are asking? I am not having any trouble getting anything. The question at hand is what parts interchange between LML and LBZ specifically making the LML oil pump work.
Edelbrock Duramax heads is what I was referring to. Those are the associated part number for each style engine.

You stated they hadn't been released yet. They were out last year and they had stock at one point.

Now I see they have removed the other part numbers and only show LB7 and LML applications. Some websites states say to call for availability for LLY, LBZ, LMM applications. I believe some one on here had a set of heads for either an LLY or LBZ application.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Edelbrock Duramax heads is what I was referring to. Those are the associated part number for each style engine.

You stated they hadn't been released yet. They were out last year and they had stock at one point.

Now I see they have removed the other part numbers and only show LB7 and LML applications. Some websites states say to call for availability for LLY, LBZ, LMM applications. I believe some one on here had a set of heads for either an LLY or LBZ application.

My vendors have never received stock of the LLY/LBZ/LMM head and only received the LB7 and LML heads. Edelebrock did release the PNs but I don't know if they ever released stock of them.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
My vendors have never received stock of the LLY/LBZ/LMM head and only received the LB7 and LML heads. Edelebrock did release the PNs but I don't know if they ever released stock of them.
Interesting... When I spoke to the rep he claimed they did at the time have them in stock in Torrance. I specifically asked because I wanted LBZ castings. They Use 1 casting and Machine as needed for each application is what I was told. I was told you could get them Bare with no Hardware. But he said I would have to call them to see if they had any Bare sets because all the stocked inventory was already assembled.

He told me they were working with some porters too But I didn't get specific names. I believe 1 was in Texas area.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I Just called Edelbrock and they were Showing that the part numbers for LLY, LBZ/LMM were sent back to the Development Team but that's all they could tell me. No other info... I am not sure if the machining was not correct for the application or what.