LB7: New best for BBT

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
12.63 @ 106.79 at Stanton today. From last year to now, only added the fuel pump and S&B intake, and gained .30. Yes, still running the old school PPE Hot +2, but not for much longer. I called Nick....

Next year the goal is 12.30s on #2. Tuning and suspension mods may be enough to get it there. I'd like to be the fastest stock-motor LB7 truck, so we'll see. Hey, why not?

I just noticed that "DA calculator" tool. Pretty darn cool.
I plugged the numbers in and got 12.55 @ 107.40. Neat. I knew the truck had more in it and the hotter temps were affecting the times.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
12.63 @ 106.79 at Stanton today. From last year to now, only added the fuel pump and S&B intake, and gained .30. Yes, still running the old school PPE Hot +2, but not for much longer. I called Nick....

Next year the goal is 12.30s on #2. Tuning and suspension mods may be enough to get it there. I'd like to be the fastest stock-motor LB7 truck, so we'll see. Hey, why not?

I just noticed that "DA calculator" tool. Pretty darn cool.
I plugged the numbers in and got 12.55 @ 107.40. Neat. I knew the truck had more in it and the hotter temps were affecting the times.
Good to see your getting faster!! Congrats on the new best!!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I just couldnt leave well enough alone! I contacted Nick at Duramaxtuner about tuning my truck. Sent him a couple logs and he sent back a Race tune and Tranny tune.

Man o man, can that guy tune a truck! First pass, right outta the box, got me a 12.40 @ 108.00. You ever see a pig fly? I was close after I got that timeslip! I dont think my feet touched the ground for 20 minutes.

The other 5 runs were all in the 12.40's too. MPHs were in the 107.60-108.09 range. All my 60' times were 1.74-1.79. Tire pressures of 38F/32R. Better tires will definitely help next year.
Tranny shifted so nice it was like I was driving down the street. No flares, no hold-ups, nothing but smooth shifts. Weird thing was tow-haul acted like regular mode. There wasnt even any of the harsh downshift like normal tow-haul.
The race tune drives smooth in normal everyday use, too. In the end, he dropped my best time by .23 and added .5 to my mph without losing any drivability.

I cant wait for 2009.

Last edited:

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA

First pass, right outta the box, got me a 12.40 @ 108.00.

Nice time there Tom, looks like you'll have to settle for fastest LB7 stock motored CC this year. So your only .05 off of Moss's fastest stock motor pass. Done for the year now? I thought I had remebered Tomac racing somewhere in Mich. that was open till the snow flys?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Thats awsome I think Moss is the only faster.....for now maybe Tomac?

And that is very impressive for Nick on his fist attempt of tuning and that being the outcome:eek:

CONGRATS GUYS!!!!!

vortecfcar

No longer a member
Jun 28, 2007
Congrats Tom, and thanks Simon.

I'm curious to see if Tom manages to park it for the rest of the season... I don't know if I could.

Nick