LB7: New best for BBT

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Moss went 12.35 couple years ago, Tomac did 12.49.

Moss is a RC and my RC/LBZ is only 6085 lbs.............compared to my CC at 7100 lbs, both with me out of it.

Take off a tail-gate and a spare out of a RC and you are under 6000 lbs.

That means that BAC is way faster than Moss if his was a RC.

Conrats on the times.............;)

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Congrats Tom, and thanks Simon.

I'm curious to see if Tom manages to park it for the rest of the season... I don't know if I could.

Nick

Nope...I'm done for the year. I have to go buy a set of tires now. Also have to rethink suspension setup, add a fuel pickup in the tank, Tcase brace, etc...... Eric Merchant and Jeff Toman seem to think we can get '20s out of her, maybe better.

But, yes...Jeremy's time is the goal. Cole claims Buck went 12.18, but I dont know what the particulars where of that run.

Moss is a RC and my RC]/BZ is only 6085 lbs.............compared to my CC at 7100 lbs, both with me out of it.

I estimated that the truck weighed 6600lbs with me in it. I had weighed it before and it was at 6850 with everything out, then I went and took out the back seat, too. Also had about 1/2 tank of fuel.

Last edited:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Good runs :alc: your almost there :bootyshake:

Yeah, almost....like .008 almost! dagnabit! :rofl::rofl:

Next year.

BTW, what is the "fastest stock duramax -- all versions" record , anyways? By that I mean, stock-everything engine (other than rods and other "strengthening" parts), no nitrous, with just the "basics" -- exhaust, intake, lift pump and tuning? I have absolutely no idea who it is.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
First of all, awesome times Tom, and awesome tuning Nick.

It's hard to get a straight answer on what "basics" covers. To me rods is more than basics even though they don't add power. Then on top of that you get the "but he took a seat out", "his is an EC/RC/CC", "he took off the tailgate", and so on and so on arguements. I'm trying to get Chris to add some more of the "basics" before he sprays his. 12.42 with the only change under the hood being a couple 4mm washers in the FPRV; I'd like to see how low we could get it with an intake, downpipe, and his new toyo proxes. Then maybe up-pipes and/or log style race headers.

I say narrow it down to "run what you brung" as for configuration - with a stock turbo, CP3, injectors, internals, and sheetmetal. That's all my $.02 though.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
First of all, awesome times Tom, and awesome tuning Nick.

It's hard to get a straight answer on what "basics" covers. To me rods is more than basics even though they don't add power. Then on top of that you get the "but he took a seat out", "his is an EC/RC/CC", "he took off the tailgate", and so on and so on arguements. I'm trying to get Chris to add some more of the "basics" before he sprays his. 12.42 with the only change under the hood being a couple 4mm washers in the FPRV; I'd like to see how low we could get it with an intake, downpipe, and his new toyo proxes. Then maybe up-pipes and/or log style race headers.

I say narrow it down to "run what you brung" as for configuration - with a stock turbo, CP3, injectors, internals, and sheetmetal. That's all my $.02 though.

Good point. I guess that pretty much sums up what I was asking.

Those LBZs of yours sure run good. I just wish I would have had Proxes or something like those on Sunday...

Last edited:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moss is a RC and my RC/LBZ is only 6085 lbs.............compared to my CC at 7100 lbs, both with me out of it.

Thanks Tony.