nearly 2300 hp!

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Definitely not.

HSP did all the accessories/turbos, not sure who did the motor, but probably someone new since it's actually lasting more than 5 dyno pulls.

Industrial does run D's Allison though.

I'm not 100% sure on this but I was told his motor was out of Overkill and is 2 or 3 years old so it could be II. Doesn't really matter anyways.

vern650

Mar 27, 2014
hyrum, ut
Anyone?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
I don't think dmitri ran on the dyno that II laid down 2300. In his faceyspace rantings he said he wouldn't run there because he knew that dyno would lie and he tried convincing II not to run there also or somethin like that. He has been consistently putting down around 1860 on fuel though.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Doesn't matter if that dyno lies or not. If they ran it back to back there would be solid numbers to compare to one another.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mudygmc

Dec 8, 2008
Buffalo MN
I guess I don't see why everybody hates dyno numbers? Just because you don't have a fast track time doesn't mean you don't make power. Setup means more on the track than power. How many 3.0 pullers do you think would run the tens? I doubt many if any. But I would bet they all have dyno numbers that should put them there. Congrats to ii. That is one hell of an accomplishment. Those numbers didn't come from doing the same thing everybody else did. They stepped it up and did something nobody else has. I think that is awesome. That is what the sport is about.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Dyno numbers

I promise a 3.0 truck motor in a race truck would run faster than tens!!! You cant lie on the race track. With the weight of the truck and trap speed it will tell you the HP. It doesn't matter if you spin or not the trap speed doesn't lie. Now ET is a different story, then truck setup means everything. Spiking a dyno means nothing if that's all it can do. What's the point if its not a useable power?

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
I promise a 3.0 truck motor in a race truck would run faster than tens!!! You cant lie on the race track. With the weight of the truck and trap speed it will tell you the HP. It doesn't matter if you spin or not the trap speed doesn't lie. Now ET is a different story, then truck setup means everything. Spiking a dyno means nothing if that's all it can do. What's the point if its not a useable power?

Depends also on how much power or how flat the curve is. Regardless of the "spike" number if one has a flat line power curve that is higher than most I would have to say they are making pretty good power.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I guess I don't see why everybody hates dyno numbers? Just because you don't have a fast track time doesn't mean you don't make power. Setup means more on the track than power. How many 3.0 pullers do you think would run the tens? I doubt many if any. But I would bet they all have dyno numbers that should put them there. Congrats to ii. That is one hell of an accomplishment. Those numbers didn't come from doing the same thing everybody else did. They stepped it up and did something nobody else has. I think that is awesome. That is what the sport is about.

Many pullers have gone 10s.

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI

I'm just a newb, so can you explain how trap speed and weight will give you HP regardless if you spin the tires or not? What if you blow the tires off 1/2 way through 60' because your tires are junk? Wouldn't you show a higher trap speed with DR's hooking all the way down the track therefore calculating a higher HP number? Like I said I'm just a newb, so if I'm wrong just let me know how it works. Thanks.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I'm just a newb, so can you explain how trap speed and weight will give you HP regardless if you spin the tires or not? What if you blow the tires off 1/2 way through 60' because your tires are junk? Wouldn't you show a higher trap speed with DR's hooking all the way down the track therefore calculating a higher HP number? Like I said I'm just a newb, so if I'm wrong just let me know how it works. Thanks.

Traction has nothing to do with it. The motor will make x amount of power, regardless. You can not do a boosted launch, cut a 3 sec 60' & your Mph will always be the same. DA and air temp play a bigger role in making power than traction. You could run a 12.0 at 112 with street tires and run an 11.7 @ 112 with D/Rs. Youre still making the exact same power, just getting there faster.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Best I ever ran drag racing was 12.009 @ nearly or just over 125 mph at 7400+ lbs.... 65 mph rolling dry interstate burnouts were easy, lol and lots of fun...funniest vehicle I ever daily drove, when I chassis dynoed I made 800hp+ from 3000-4200 rpm, 948hp (uncorrected) being the peak, truck just plain ripped (mostly just the tires)...

mudygmc

Dec 8, 2008
Buffalo MN
Every single one of them.

I am not saying they don't have the engine power to run the tens. Not an issue at all. I would love to see a full pulling chassis truck run the tens. That's my point setup to me makes more of a difference in track times than up.

I ran the eight years back. My trap speeds were consistently 91-92mph. I did a 2wd run for shits and giggles. I melted the tires for over 300 feet. My et was over 1.5 seconds slower and trap speed was 78mph. Didn't change anything other than 4wd vs 2wd. Speed and et were way different but hp was the same. This is why to me track times don't mean you make power or not.