My regular cab thread

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Corbin, did you mat the inside of the firewall above the pedals and behind the dash? That area always seemed the loudest to me...

and the weather stripping on the doors... is it good and still feel/look fresh? Can try the "string" trick where you put like a paracord in the fold of the seal and that tightens it up which helps with wind noise. Of course wind noise is the other MAJOR source of noise in the GMT800 trucks.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Corbin, did you mat the inside of the firewall above the pedals and behind the dash? That area always seemed the loudest to me...

and the weather stripping on the doors... is it good and still feel/look fresh? Can try the "string" trick where you put like a paracord in the fold of the seal and that tightens it up which helps with wind noise. Of course wind noise is the other MAJOR source of noise in the GMT800 trucks.

I did not take the dash out and mat up there. If it ever comes out I’ll get covered.

The seals seem pretty good but I’ll do that trick. I don’t have a lot of wind noise just some tire to road noise. Which will be way better with new tires I have planned.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Dirty pic from the gym this am
759a2312953a15fb17277b4837e379dd.jpg

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
Curious how many SF of material that took?

I'd like to get some ordered to have on hand for when I pull the interior in my crew cab.

Look forward to seeing what else you do. A zf6 swap would really finish it off nice ;)

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Curious how many SF of material that took?

I'd like to get some ordered to have on hand for when I pull the interior in my crew cab.

Look forward to seeing what else you do. A zf6 swap would really finish it off nice ;)

I ordered 70sq for this truck and had some left. Obviously a crew will require more. I’d get 100 at least. That killsmat come in 55sq boxes so two of them would be a good start

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
I ordered 70sq for this truck and had some left. Obviously a crew will require more. I’d get 100 at least. That killsmat come in 55sq boxes so two of them would be a good start
:thumb:

That's what I figured, just double what you got about. I've got rubber floors now, I still haven't decided if I want to swap to carpet or not... I feel like if I got carpet I'd still just cover it up with rubber floor mats. But then again the rubber floors aren't as easy to clean as you'd think, at least in my experience.

I never thought about doing the firewall like another guy mentioned... I look forward to seeing what's involved if you do it.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
If you search sound deadening there’s a couple threads on here I think. I know I have one for sure that has how much material I ordered for my crew cab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
He did the entire front of the truck for me. Cab and forward. Was a nasty crease in the passenger fender I was worried about and he said no prob.

That dent honestly surprised the shit out of me that he got it.