LB7: Motor Build thread

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
No i am ditching the plastic piece , got some Tarus electric fans also waiting to go on too ! Simon this BD intercooler is Huge it is so fat it barely fits in there, it is about an 1/8 " to spare is all .

Sounds good, I didnt realize they where bigger. I am not sure on weather or not I am going to run the W/A or not? probably do it sometime this summer when I am not to busy working / rockstar life styling:D

Here is old pic so you can see how i put the fuel temp sensor in and the outlet for the lift pump pressure:)

Attachments

• snake oil 011.jpg
    snake oil 011.jpg
    758.5 KB · Views: 103

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
No i am ditching the plastic piece , got some Tarus electric fans also waiting to go on too ! Simon this BD intercooler is Huge it is so fat it barely fits in there, it is about an 1/8 " to spare is all .

Sure makes the stock one look puney doesnt it. Mine held up good all last year.:thumb: They look like they shouldnt have any cracking issues.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
like i said whenever you have the time to build another motor let me know, you work is impressive :thumb:

Thanks guys :hug: We still have to see if it holds up before we know if its impressive after all it is a "buget" build , it does have some bling factor though ! got the rest of the fuel system plumbed today !

DSCF2359.jpg

DSCF2360.jpg

DSCF2362.jpg

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Are you going to relocate the FICM Trent?

I almost did, but decided It was too big of a pain and too many wires to extend , its not really hurting anything were its at so for now it is staying in the stock spot .

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
whats the blue "tube"?? and whats going on with that junction block up by the 2nd cp3??

Looks freakin awesome!!!

The blue tube is the Fuel feed rail , its 3/4" inside dia . and has 1 line going to each cp3 and will be fed by 3/4 " line that runs back to the pumps you can also see i put the fuel temp sensor in it also . The polished fuel rail is for the return lines , 2 ports for the head returns and 2 for the cp3 return lines and then a line that runs back to the tank . Basically those 2 rails consist of the entire fuel system , clean and simple !

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
The blue tube is the Fuel feed rail , its 3/4" inside dia . and has 1 line going to each cp3 and will be fed by 3/4 " line that runs back to the pumps you can also see i put the fuel temp sensor in it also . The polished fuel rail is for the return lines , 2 ports for the head returns and 2 for the cp3 return lines and then a line that runs back to the tank . Basically those 2 rails consist of the entire fuel system , clean and simple !

Very clean much better than the spaghetti bowl that comes from the factory