LB7: Motor Build thread

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
That looks really nice!!! I wouldn't have thought to do it myself, but after seeing it I wish my motor had that exact color scheme.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Looks really good now! I personally would like to see a tap in the upper coolant pipe coming off the T stat housing....I think its cleaner to get coolant and return coolant in a non stock way:D Thats probably not needed for twins but still clutters

If I had to pull coolant for the turbo , I think I would come from the block

Also I would like to see the shiny stuff on the fire wall CHROME so it makes the motor stand out...again JMHO it looks real nice though Trent!!!

what about the return fuel line coming off the head is that on yet?

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Looks really good now! I personally would like to see a tap in the upper coolant pipe coming off the T stat housing....I think its cleaner to get coolant and return coolant in a non stock way:D Thats probably not needed for twins but still clutters

If I had to pull coolant for the turbo , I think I would come from the block

Also I would like to see the shiny stuff on the fire wall CHROME so it makes the motor stand out...again JMHO it looks real nice though Trent!!!

what about the return fuel line coming off the head is that on yet?

I don't need any turbo coolant lines Simon :D , I have the big pipe plugged instead of that ugly fitting that is stock , no fuel return line yet other than the one that comes off the block in front , the other one had an incident while we are tearing down :( , Dimitri has another one he is giving me .

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I don't need any turbo coolant lines Simon :D , I have the big pipe plugged instead of that ugly fitting that is stock , no fuel return line yet other than the one that comes off the block in front , the other one had an incident while we are tearing down :( , Dimitri has another one he is giving me .

Oh well thats cool! I have a spare also....If needed

I can see a few things that need to be removed though:D You dont need a heater....you live in the desert heat To me :rofl:the defrost will still blow on foggy days.

The fuel filter mount? Goodbye And thread the return heater hose line where it enters the t-stat housing. JMO:hug:

Whatever,I dont care I have a bike now:D:D

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Oh well thats cool! I have a spare also....If needed

I can see a few things that need to be removed though:D You dont need a heater....you live in the desert heat To me :rofl:the defrost will still blow on foggy days.

The fuel filter mount? Goodbye And thread the return heater hose line where it enters the t-stat housing. JMO:hug:

Whatever,I dont care I have a bike now:D:D

If i want it to maybe pass a safety inspection one day.........maybe....... i need defrost , and i already coated it and the fuel filter holder green so they stay :D

Looks nice Trent. Is this your race motor or the one in the lifted truck?

Race motor .

03GreenLB7

R-O-C-K in the U.S.A.
Jan 16, 2009
Pittsburgh
ok thats what i thought u meant, just double checking haha. ya i think its almost mandatory in every state to have defrost

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
lookin good Trent , I think the color looks good .. If i do my motor I only wish i would have the time to make it look that nice

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Looks really good Trent.

What did you have to do to the parts to get them ready to be coated? Simply clean them?

Blue/silver/black motor might look good....oh wait, thats the Lions colors....Id never win anything again.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Damn this project just wont end , were is the dead tired smiley :rofl: JK getting pretty close got the motor back in the truck and all the electrical hooked back up still waiting on some parts and some stuff is out being coated but its coming along hoping to have it running in a few weeks maybe .

DSCF2315.jpg

DSCF2303.jpg

DSCF2309.jpg

DSCF2308.jpg

DSCF2310.jpg

DSCF2312.jpg

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
Damn this project just wont end , were is the dead tired smiley :rofl: JK getting pretty close got the motor back in the truck and all the electrical hooked back up still waiting on some parts and some stuff is out being coated but its coming along hoping to have it running in a few weeks maybe .

DSCF2315.jpg

DSCF2303.jpg

DSCF2309.jpg

DSCF2308.jpg

DSCF2310.jpg

DSCF2312.jpg

"THE HULK", IS WHAT YOU SHOULD CALL THE TRUCK:rofl: