More time online

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I'm going to try to get back online more often as I know I've been slacking big time on spending any time on here. This forum helped me immensely when I first got started and I met many great people including Mike on here. I'd of never thought when I started all this the day would come Mike would want me taking over Inglewood but I sure am grateful for the journey I've had and I look forward to the future. If anyone has any questions let me know and the shop number is also now textable (714) 870-7300

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Good to hear you'll be around more, Evan. I hope things have been going well for you guys at the shop. I'm sure you really felt the loss of Mike a lot more than most of us here.

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
I was driving down the 91 about a 2 weeks ago and saw the Raymond exit...... Made me think of Mike and the visits to his shop.
I'm glad that we still have a reputable shop local to us even though I not really local anymore since I moved. But still close enough to make the drive if needed. If I ever have any problems or questions I will definitely be going to Evan.

Reactions: Evan@InglewoodTrans

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Good to hear you'll be around more, Evan. I hope things have been going well for you guys at the shop. I'm sure you really felt the loss of Mike a lot more than most of us here.
Things have been very good. Getting heavy into the 68RFE,10r80’s and ZF8HP’s has really kept things busy.

Reactions: JoshH

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Let’s find out what just line pressure will hold. Someone’s gotta try it 😏

ha! Younger (ratiotek) has a high line pressure kit but he straight up told me "you will NOT like that, its going to shift hard as hell and suck as a daily driver but you know there are guys out there that HAVE to run a 1000hp through this trans and beat on it. this is the best chance the trans has".

How's that shift kit Mike installed a while back working out?

i got nothing bad to say about it. it takes a good long while to get it to clean up shifts but once it does, its better than stock. There are little hiccups on down shifts and up shifts stock had that this seems to clean up. it wasnt designed to fix that but its a nice by product. WOT shifts are a little quicker and seem more positive. i think i got about 20k on it so far with no issues.

Mike and i figured this was good for a stock trans to actually last many many miles down the road at stock power. i wouldnt trust it to hold a Banks on kill or other big tuning. Maybe a 20-30hp over stock. This kinda fits in the realm of a transgo jr.

Reactions: JoshH

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I see there is a company offering the 10 speed built to handle 800hp now. Lol

Project carbon at nextgendiesel.
they are full of shit. the ecm is too good at pulling power out as soon as it sees slip. it saves its self so a stock trans will show 700hp on a dyno but that number wont be backed at the track.

the only other upgraded is the modded hub to add 1 additional clutch to the E pack and its not enough. younger was looking at modding the apply piston as well but im not sure on the outcome of it. I may be wrong all together and its the apply piston everyone is now modding to get that 1 extra clutch.