LB7: Merged TTS ECM threads

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
The original poster asked it to be removed. So I did.

I guess I could have just deleted the off topic posts :witch: Since it was a garage sale item.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
The original poster asked it to be removed. So I did.

I guess I could have just deleted the off topic posts :witch: Since it was a garage sale item.

Oh ok I hope he wasn't offended :(
I was on his side nonetheless.

I thought it was good conversation just wrong area my apologizes. I should have bought it and started my own 4-sale thread. :D

What sucks is I called Tony a fag and now he's gonna miss it. :rofl:

Last edited:

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Oh ok I hope he wasn't offended :(
I was on his side nonetheless.

I thought it was good conversation just wrong area my apologizes. I should have bought it and started my own 4-sale thread. :D

What sucks is I called Tony a fag and now he's gonna miss it. :rofl:

I saw it on my Blackberry at lunch time, I was lurking.

BTW, how long did he keep the ecm before your threats convinced him to overnight it back to you at his expense ???

Lucky you had a friend in CT that was nice enough to program a spare ecm for you while you waited on "GOD" to grace you once again.

Want to run princess against the Red Baron for pinks ??? I need a good low mileage tow vehicle for my future race truck....:eek:

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
i do regret me part in the thread derailing and had made my mind up that any farther points by me would be made via pm,however since it is in a new topic what did i miss?

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
i do regret me part in the thread derailing and had made my mind up that any farther points by me would be made via pm,however since it is in a new topic what did i miss?

Probably not much..........but I am sure you will want to subscribe to this one.

:angel:

I have to go out for the evening, I am sure I will have a few posts to make when I return.

Last edited:

Jarasic

Diesel Enthusiast
Jul 2, 2009
Chilliwack BC, Canada
I asked for the thread to be deleted because I thought the chances of selling it were probably shot :). I am glad however that this thread was started because I am new to the tuning world and hearing past expieriences and a bit of the history is quite interesting. Keep on posting.

p.s. Mike L, if I sell the ecm and a few other goodies I have at home I will be talking to you soon about a tranny!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I asked for the thread to be deleted because I thought the chances of selling it were probably shot :). I am glad however that this thread was started because I am new to the tuning world and hearing past expieriences and a bit of the history is quite interesting. Keep on posting.

p.s. Mike L, if I sell the ecm and a few other goodies I have at home I will be talking to you soon about a tranny!

Glad you're not mad about the hijack. Steve Cole brings a lot of controversy to any subject. I have known him from his first day in business back in 1980.
His products are good and I used to sell them.
You will find people that worship the ground he walks on and people that wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire ( me among the latter ).
I ran the TTS extreme and in it's time, it was the most powerfull single program for an LB7 out there. It still is a great program and you should not have any problem selling it. I have been running Moonshine for the last 4 years in my '04 LB7 and have found it to be more powerfull and smoother with better mileage and better trans shifting.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
We were talking about the unethical selling of a TTS ECM?

I wanted to respond to Mike. So I will :D

Mike agreed back in the day there was a lot of dirty hands. I have NO concrete proof but only witnessed the massive smoke screen of accusations. I do recall that Bully Dog then Quad were the first to have something on the market. Then I believe there was TTS and then PPE. I don't remember when the Predator came in. Edge well they had the game of Plug and Play.

Ya I remember the pressure boxes were first I'm talking ECM reprogramming.

Regardless it was fun times. Some of these guys if not all of them don't remember or even have the Duramax performance history . It was a dam war zone :D

Lets not even get into the re badging.

I don't care who did what or who is guilty as charged and I do believe you most definitely had a inside track and don't deny that you are 100% correct at all. I do recall the pump issue ,but then again I was told (smoke screen) that it was being tested,has been testing in a trailer for months. :D

My only point is IMO the waiver was put in place perhaps to protect R&D and you can assume what R&D means.It use to stand for research and development,not anymore. :D

diablo had the first tuner out that would raise the speedlimiter not revs on the dmax. at first release it didnt remove the speedlimter on my truck. after a week or so a new flash and voila speedlimter gone.
i cant honestly remember but i think bdog had thier 90 hp tuner out ,prolly the 135 before quad ever released his.when Quad sent me the first bete tune 200hp tune i new these dmaxes were gonna make huge power. the first beta i got from Quad would lock up more times than it would go though. ide have to use the diablo to restore the orginal backup and try again. when he got updated tuners he released the 215 and the flash problems ceased to be a problem. Quad had a very good product at the time.raised rpm limits and speedlimits and the tq management was gone.made like 560 hp to the tires with a touch of squeeze.back then that was big hp.
Steve had already developed the extreme stuff but it wasnt for sale long before any of this was released. i say this becasue suncoast used transgo gut parts and Steve provided the tuning for that truck.
Steve made you sign a contract and give payment info before he would do it. also said it would be 4 to 6 weeks to get it. i always wondered why so long until we became friends.the truck tuning is his hobby. when he released the extreme it was and still is the best off the shelf tune for lb7s. i assume its still for sale but im not sure. never released tuning for others to the genral public that i know of.
Steves programming has more options that efi has,i have personally seen it. i cant tell you what it is because i dont tune stuff. but Steve proved it to the orange crush guys.i have seen it argued that what efi doesnt have isnt needed and that it can be tuned around,perhaps i dont know. crush crew needed it.
efi is a cool tool for those that want to tune thier own. i even have a box filled with efi live stuff to tinker around with myself just to try my hand.at it. one day il get around to opening it.

some tuner history and personal opinion

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
OK I merged threads..

Don't make me use my broom to make both threads vanish :spit:

:witch:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
It was partly my fault then I made mention on how long it took to get my TTS Extreme, but that was just before EFI was really getting a foot hold. It was the hottest thing going at the time, mine was totally custom after I installed the qual CP's and I was at Fontana for the Trucking For Kids event. As far as getting anything done in a timely mannor, there are damn few diesel guru's who move very quickly and I believe Steve is about the slowest. SoCal diesel is a nice exception, and I've heard Mike L is timely as well, but it did take me forever and a day to get my snake oiler because he was waiting on fittings. I had Steve clear the ECM because I thought it was locked and couldn't be reprogramed and I wanted the ecm more than I wanted to sell it. Would rather have Rob sell them an efi setup with the DSP switch and tunes. Tuning has gone way beyond what the TTS Extreme had to offer. But in it's day it was the best thing there was.