LB7: Merged TTS ECM threads

Jarasic

Diesel Enthusiast
Jul 2, 2009
Chilliwack BC, Canada
TTS Xtreme ECM with 3 position switch. Here are the specs from their website.

http://www.ttspowersystems.com/GM_Diesel_programming.html

TOW: +50 RwHp*
+100 ft-lbs*Switchable Option 2: $1295Tow, Race, Xtreme RACE:+120 RwHp*
+240 ft-lbs*Xtreme:**+245 RwHp*
+490 ft-lbs*
I purchased this ecm from a member on another site and we noticed after that it was for an 01-02 only. I will copy the vin re-learn instructions off the web and include them with ecm and switch. I am asking $475 shipped.

Jaris

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I'm interested in the information about Vin relearn if possible. That's a decent deal for someone that isn't into doing there own programming. Free bump nonetheless

Last edited:

Jarasic

Diesel Enthusiast
Jul 2, 2009
Chilliwack BC, Canada
I have installed this in a friends 02 ccsb (with the standard vin relearn proceedure) and it worked as it should. He would have kept it but he had no plans in the near future to do a tranny upgrade and would need one if he kept it installed longer than he did.

Jaris

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
its doable not ethical but doable.

I don't see why? I'm personally not going to sell mine but if I were to sell my truck I would . What good would it be to me? I see no difference to selling a TTS tuned ecm to selling any other hand held down loader device whether it be a PPE or Quad tuner.

If I or anyone doesn't have the ethical right to sell it then it should be bought back by TTS in my opinion before the 50 year term of agreement.

Selling the entire ECM as provided by TTS isn't a copy or any type of pirating his tune(s). If someone was to do else-wise ,copy or log it and design your own 'replica' then I can see the unethical practice.

I just don't see selling the the ECM in it's entirety as unethical. If so then lease or rent the ECM for 99 years. :D

If anything TTS should offer to reprogram the vin for a nominal fee and have the buyer sign his waiver ,if you wanted to go thru all that crap. But what's the chances 1) It will get done or 2) You'll ever get it back. :(

Bottom line $475 is a smok'in deal . I have no problem with TTS myself and actual run the ECM as my daily driver still today. Call me old fashion.

Last edited:

Jarasic

Diesel Enthusiast
Jul 2, 2009
Chilliwack BC, Canada
As first posted, I am selling a decent "pre-tuned" ecm for 01-02 LB7 Duramax. It is in working order and I have personally installed this on an 02 (and had some fun) to verify the vin-relearn proceedure works.

Yes there may be downfalls installing a pre tuned ecm in a different truck but for someone who wants to install this and go out and have some fun this will put a smile on your face. The only thing I noticed with the truck I installed this in had badly worn 35'' tires and when paced with another vehicle the speedo might have been out 4 mph @ 55 mph.

I had to contacted Steve after purchasing the ecm to purchase a new switch for this ecm. After my initial call I received the new switch at my door 4 days later which included delivery across the border.

This is a great ecm for the price offered and I will help out where I can to get this installed in the buyers truck.

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I sold my TTS extreme out of my '04 and installed it in an '03 with the simple relearn procedure. I don't think it's unethical at all. Having everyones tune on your computer so you can see what they did is.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
if you guys read your waiver/contract Steve had you sign,it mentioned that you wouldnt sell the intellectual property to others. if i agree to do something i wont,call it waht you will...its about as silly as someone griping because gm dumped thier warranty on a modded truck...

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
This was the real deal back 5 years ago, the extreme was very quick, although the extreme tune could be down right scarey on the street. After I replaced the engine in my 02 DD and put it back to stock due to bent rods,(50 over injectors, TTS Extreme and dual fuelers along with twin turbos were too much for that stock motor) I sent mine back to Steve and had him return it to stock, he did so at no charge. We kept it as a spare LB7 ecm for Max'd Out. Just one question, knowing what I know now and how long it takes to program an ecm, why did we have to wait months and months and months to get those ECM's?:D I spent one whole weekend with Steve in 2006 and he custom tuned my truck. Took about 5 minutes to change the tune? He did all that for free as well. Guess the long wait for the initial ECM was do to it's heafty price. Good things take longer??;) Sorry Steve, I know you don't come on this forum but that was crazy how long it took to get an Extreme from you, at the price they were and the fact they were the quickest thing available at the time, I'd thought he would have been turning them out like hot cakes.

Last edited:

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
if you guys read your waiver/contract Steve had you sign,it mentioned that you wouldnt sell the intellectual property to others. if i agree to do something i wont,call it waht you will...its about as silly as someone griping because gm dumped thier warranty on a modded truck...

Jess, in any contract both sides need to be honorable in the agreement. You would need to define intellectual property in a court of law, for a $1295 ecm nobody is hiring a lawyer.
It works both ways IMHO, a person purchases a product or service, they expect to receive that product or service in a timely fashion, have any issues corrected in a timely fashion, and have simple changes like tire roll-out in a timely fashion.
Last time I checked he only has three tunes, hardly a difficult thing to manage.

This was the real deal back 5 years ago, the extreme was very quick, although the extreme tune could be down right scarey on the street. After I replaced the engine in my 02 DD and put it back to stock due to bent rods,(50 over injectors, TTS Extreme and dual fuelers along with twin turbos were too much for that stock motor) I sent mine back to Steve and had him return it to stock, he did so at no charge. We kept it as a spare LB7 ecm for Max'd Out. Just one question, knowing what I know now and how long it takes to program an ecm, why did we have to wait months and months and months to get those ECM's?:D I spent one whole weekend with Steve in 2006 and he custom tuned my truck. Took about 5 minutes to change the tune? He did all that for free as well. Guess the long wait for the initial ECM was do to it's heafty price. Good things take longer??;) Sorry Steve, I know you don't come on this forum but that was crazy how long it took to get an Extreme from you, at the price they were and the fact they were the quickest thing available at the time, I'd thought he would have been turning them out like hot cakes.

Ask anyone who deals with Steve with the exception of Buck and maybe a few other guys in Illinois...........;)............and you will find the same customer service.

Just commenting on the experiences of others here and my own.

:D

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut

Here's the thing Jess, I (perhaps before 50 years pass) or the Original Poster isn't selling a tune he's selling a ECM! This is where I feel the interpretation gets lost. If someone were to extract for the 'original' alter or sell as a whole the tune(s) then I can see the beef.

But selling as a whole prepared by TTS I don't see the unethical issue. In my opinion right from the get go TTS was unethical from taking GM's calibration so what is good for the goose is good for the gander. :D

As far as I'm concerned I didn't borrow something, I bought something! I'd beat that TTS's waiver would be thrown out in court.

Subman must have a Halo hanging over his head as I would NOT of had TTS extract $1295 from my pocket to get a stock calibration. :D

Again I enjoy the product I have ,I just don't agree with the no resell BS as whole.

IMO MikeL is right on and I believe this is what is at issue the rat bastards that have stolen from TTS or others! That my friend is VERY unethical! Selling as a whole ,I don't believe so.

For as long as I own my Duramax ,unless I roll into a ton of money and alter it, it will rev by way of TTS tuning. It does what I need it to do. Why mess with it

Last edited:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Oh and by the way Steve's business practice has nothing to do with this IMO. So you fags (cough ,cough Tony) get off it. :rofl:

Last edited:

Jarasic

Diesel Enthusiast
Jul 2, 2009
Chilliwack BC, Canada

As I was the second owner of this ecm I never saw the waiver. When I bought the ecm Steve knew I was the second owner and didn't seem to have a problem with it. Maybe I was just another paying customer. :dontknow:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Today, It's not a problem. Years ago there was SO MUCH rob and duplicate going on it was pathetic and that is REALLY what it's all about.

Everybody, the players, back in 01/02 in the tuning world were robbing and calling it their own. So it sucked for someone who was on their game only to have someone rip them off. Today with EFI everyone is a tuner. Even today you see people taking boxed tunes logging them ,altering ,and calling them their own.

Any-hoo hope you get a buyer it's a great price for a tune that although not for everyone rips dam good.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Today, It's not a problem. Years ago there was SO MUCH rob and duplicate going on it was pathetic and that is REALLY what it's all about.

Everybody, the players, back in 01/02 in the tuning world were robbing and calling it their own. So it sucked for someone who was on their game only to have someone rip them off. Today with EFI everyone is a tuner. Even today you see people taking boxed tunes logging them ,altering ,and calling them their own.

Any-hoo hope you get a buyer it's a great price for a tune that although not for everyone rips dam good.

Steve was one of the robbers and duplicators Mac. He had everyones tunes logged in his computer. Nick DiAmico was a beta tester for Quadzilla and every time he got a beta tune to test he gave it to Steve first. I was there and saw it all. He stole Kennedy's fuel pump idea and came out with it first. I was there when that happened. If you guys only knew some of the things he's done.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
What happened to that thread ?

We were talking about the unethical selling of a TTS ECM?

I wanted to respond to Mike. So I will :D

Mike agreed back in the day there was a lot of dirty hands. I have NO concrete proof but only witnessed the massive smoke screen of accusations. I do recall that Bully Dog then Quad were the first to have something on the market. Then I believe there was TTS and then PPE. I don't remember when the Predator came in. Edge well they had the game of Plug and Play.

Ya I remember the pressure boxes were first I'm talking ECM reprogramming.

Regardless it was fun times. Some of these guys if not all of them don't remember or even have the Duramax performance history . It was a dam war zone :D

Lets not even get into the re badging.

I don't care who did what or who is guilty as charged and I do believe you most definitely had a inside track and don't deny that you are 100% correct at all. I do recall the pump issue ,but then again I was told (smoke screen) that it was being tested,has been testing in a trailer for months. :D

My only point is IMO the waiver was put in place perhaps to protect R&D and you can assume what R&D means.It use to stand for research and development,not anymore. :D

Last edited: