March '24 Chat -- In like a Lion.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
The whole blaming "boomers" thing pisses me off too. We would have nothing without them

I work in the hotel industry and I see plenty of people without "common" sense. More than I can count.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Kids learning from social media rather than their parents is more the problem IMO.

What really grinds my gears is seeing all the Gen Xers talking trash to the millennial generation "we played outside" "we drank from the hose" "we didn't have video games". Like stfu that's not a generational thing it's a class thing. Hell my 6yo will drink out of the creek with me while on a hike

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Explicit pizza experience? And has a bachelor's in environmental science... wow

Old man at work use to say he was tri sexual... TRY ANYTHING ONCE HAHA
Yes and society told him he needed to go to school and get that bachelor's degree... Yet he can't get paid what he feels he is worth. He can only earn 2-3 dollars over minimum wage in Portland....

Now this is funny to me because when I was in Seattle last month for work, Apparently the Uber and Lyft Drivers get $25-26 an hour from what I saw on the news. So in order to not take a loss in these areas' for food delivery, Uber and Lyft have been adding a $5 surcharge for food delivery in addition to whatever charges the food delivery companies charge. The same people that demanded the high wage are up in arms about the delivery fee because they feel it's unfair....

And the Gender thing... I have nothing nice to say so I will keep my comments to myself.

You just can not teach common sense and it sure is in short supply these days...

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
What a senior generation allows in moderation the next will do in excess..
Every generation has their blame
Correct. That's why it's stupid to blame the previous generation. Because someday we or the ones complaining about the boomers are going to become the previous generation and the new kids on the block are going to blame them (us) for their troubles. It's pointless and solves nothing.

Most of the infrastructure, roads, vehicles, power, etc was built by the last few generations. Without them the ones complaining would still be living in stick and mud houses because they are too lazy to build anything themselves. Appreciate what we have and be thankful for those who provided it. Otherwise they are free to be homeless and live in the gutter. Oh, wait, they can't sleep in the gutter because it was made by a boomer 😂

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
What a senior generation allows in moderation the next will do in excess..
Every generation has their blame

Correct, exactly why the boomers are at fault here. They let bullshit slip by bc (it’s harmless) but now it’s mainstream and not harmless anymore. All this bullshit should have NEVER been tolerated and nipped in the bud decades ago…

• Angry
Reactions: TheBac

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Correct, exactly why the boomers are at fault here. They let bullshit slip by bc (it’s harmless) but now it’s mainstream and not harmless anymore. All this bullshit should have NEVER been tolerated and nipped in the bud decades ago…
Alot of the Educational wise stuff started really during the civil rights movement which lead to the department of education being setup in '79

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
It's been on the 24hr news cycle around me. I can't turn on the radio without hearing about it. It sucks but they are going to make use numb to it if they continue like this

I am looking forward to Plainly Difficult's documentary on it (is it too soon?). He does some nice disaster videos. Not over the top or exaggerated in any way. Well researched too.

This is one he did on a somewhat similar accident with a boat hitting a bridge causing a collapse
Source: https://youtu.be/1oEZ-5QYcVo

Last edited:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Correct. That's why it's stupid to blame the previous generation. Because someday we or the ones complaining about the boomers are going to become the previous generation and the new kids on the block are going to blame them (us) for their troubles. It's pointless and solves nothing.

Most of the infrastructure, roads, vehicles, power, etc was built by the last few generations. Without them the ones complaining would still be living in stick and mud houses because they are too lazy to build anything themselves. Appreciate what we have and be thankful for those who provided it. Otherwise they are free to be homeless and live in the gutter. Oh, wait, they can't sleep in the gutter because it was made by a boomer 😂

Most of the infrastructure was not built by boomers, it was built by the silent generation. The boomers took over in the 80’s, they are famous for junk bonds, real estate booms and such…

When the boomers took control of the economy the average home was price was 62,000 now we are facing 353,000 for the same home. Yep great job…

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Doesnt matter who did what. Bottom line is we all have had a hand in screwing it all up. As to boomers, genealogists have actually split that gen into two now, both with different traits. Im a 2nd wave end-boomer (1963), and have always been appalled at what we wrought.

I agree 100% with the post concerning what one gen allows turns into excess. I always say, "Freedom doesnt mean free-for-all", but to a lot of people now, thats exactly what they think. Im also not a fan of mental illness being celebrated and encouraged, not treated. But thats another topic, isnt it?

I have always been angry over the way decency and politeness, ya know -- civility, in our society has been taken over and replaced by what i call the "Dis-" mentality. You could call it the "hip-hop, gangsta" lifestyle, if you get my drift. Its all about "gettin' yours" now, what your "side hustle" is. Graft and dishonesty is held in high esteem, decency and compassion is looked at as weakness and something to be taken advantage of. Im tired of it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2004LB7

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
The question is how do we fix it? I guess throwing pieces of trash in jail to rot is a start. Look at P Diddy and his cronies, they are all going to jail it seems. Remember who got Obama elected? It was Hollywood and the music industry (don’t forget that satan was God’s angel of music and entertainment before he was cast out of heaven) now they maybe facing the piper. Seems as though the justice system is about to dismantle the Obama money machine…

• Sad

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Kids learning from social media rather than their parents is more the problem IMO.
I wouldnt blame Social media though. Just like everything in moderation and with supervision. My daughter has learned all kinds of things that are mostly positive on social media. As parents we take an active interest in what see is looking at.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
The question is how do we fix it? I guess throwing pieces of trash in jail to rot is a start. Look at P Diddy and his cronies, they are all going to jail it seems. Remember who got Obama elected? It was Hollywood and the music industry (don’t forget that satan was God’s angel of music and entertainment before he was cast out of heaven) now they maybe facing the piper. Seems as though the justice system is about to dismantle the Obama money machine…
We start with our kids and speaking about issues with other without going off the deep end. Society has been so muddied up by what is true you can't hardly tell what is true anymore. I mean just look at all the stupid videos of people trying to find what gender is. Not something we can fix over night.

Reactions: TheBac and 2004LB7
Status
Not open for further replies.