Manifolds, Up Pipes what brand?

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I feel like the little kid who poked the hornets nest with a stick... :(. Sorry guys I wasn't trying to start a war just wanted some knowledgable opinions on this to make my truck run better.

Its not your fault. Youll have that with R&D, "R"ob & "D"uplicate.:roflmao::roflmao: Got that on another site.:D

schulte

Jul 31, 2010
CT
All I have to add is that Rick's customer service is unbeatable.

I recently sent him a set of used Proflow manifolds and he cleaned them out, refurbished, and checked them completely all at no charge (didn't even charge me for the shipping) even though I wasn't the original purchaser and they were well beyond out of warranty.

Even though I've never bought anything from Rick directly in the past, he took care of me no questions asked and had them turned around in less than a week... I'm thoroughly impressed.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I wouldnt think so either, but obviously im wrong. Also in my opinion if someone has been testing their parts on a chassis dyno, their testing has been a joke. Even if it was the beginning of time when folk started hotrodding them. Engine dynos, thats a number i would beleive.

There you go talking about stuff you have NO idea about. How do you think we origially started out dynoing Duramaxs? Guess what is was NOT on a Chassis Dyno......:D:thumb:

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Not to get off the subject but I'm guessing you got the RDL 3" bridge? How are you liking it have you seen any improvements?

I like it so far, I deleted my EGR, 3" RDL bridge, 3" boost tube, did a PCV reroute, LML manifold, 3" All Season DP, and swapped in my 68mm Cheetah yesterday.

I was going to use a 2.5" PPE piece but I decided on the 3" RDL instead because the stock intake wouldn't work with the PPE piece. I still have my stock exhaust for now and I haven't installed my gauges yet. Truck seems a lot happier though even on the stock tune.

Plus they are PC'ed black so I didn't have to go polish anything and they look amazing. :D

/off topic.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Yup always been the way people love to read the good ole wang measuring threads. My pee pee is bigger than your pee pee. :D

It is easy to figure out who is camping in who's tent if your looking to keep a list although. Then you get the people who never post come'a posting. That tells you that there is phone time involved as the sewing circle buzzes.

One thing for certain re labeling has been going on for years! As has Rob And Duplicate. Since the beginning of time. I'd say 99% of vendors are guilty. Then you have the 1% that if you dig deep enough the stole something somewhere guarantee even tho the claim not to of. There is no such thing as 'scratch' we aren't baking cakes.

mainer

Nov 11, 2008
Not sure how this is our fault if the part was never returned to us. $15.00 to get a $450 part repaired or replaced?

I dont think I have ever told anybody that something was not covered under warranty with out seeing it first (picture/in person). Now if someone called up wanting a replacement BEFORE the defective part was seen then yes, I might of said there is no way that is going to happen....

Careful.... How about last summer when you supplied a well respected member on here with the wrong dual cp3 controller which ended up destroying a cp3 and multiple injectors. He went round and round with you and was told several times he had the correct controller even after sending it back. Now who paid for the damage from that mistake, not ppe.

i'd say go with RDL/ profab.... you can only trust people who are designing and building the products they are selling.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
A CP3 has a 100% duty cycle. The controller isn't going to bust a CP3.

And oddly enough, the CP3 FPR circuit isn't even related to injectors. It works even without the injectors being installed, and the injectors will work without the CP3 being plugged in.

I've had CP3 explosions. It's not caused by electricity. It's messy, it's expensive, but it has nothing to do with 12v or wires any more than bent rods do.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Careful.... How about last summer when you supplied a well respected member on here with the wrong dual cp3 controller which ended up destroying a cp3 and multiple injectors. He went round and round with you and was told several times he had the correct controller even after sending it back. Now who paid for the damage from that mistake, not ppe.

i'd say go with RDL/ profab.... you can only trust people who are designing and building the products they are selling.

Careful....You have no idea what you are talking about...

mainer

Nov 11, 2008
A CP3 has a 100% duty cycle. The controller isn't going to bust a CP3.

And oddly enough, the CP3 FPR circuit isn't even related to injectors. It works even without the injectors being installed, and the injectors will work without the CP3 being plugged in.

I've had CP3 explosions. It's not caused by electricity. It's messy, it's expensive, but it has nothing to do with 12v or wires any more than bent rods do.

so your telling me that when your running a "race valve" effectively blocking any outlet of over pressure from the fuel rails that you cant make the cp3 see more pressure than designed and cause damage?

any pump that doesnt have a fail safe in the system either electric or mechanical will suffer damage when drastically going over designed pressure. a cp3 with no relief valve on the rail and the wrong electronic pressure controller will be damaged, injectors seeing significantly more than designed pressure will be damaged (in this case they cracked the bodies).

Last edited: