Made my first 1/4 mile pass

dieselson

Oct 14, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
After 5 years of going to the track, made my first 1/4 mile pass ever last night :woott:. Went up to bakersfield with dan@ppe, jason, bean, chris, and ruben. Ended up getting just two passes because it rained, and after the rain they ran all the nitro cars and bikes before my lane. Anyway, ran a [email protected], not super impressive, but it was with a 2.05 60'. 2nd run, pushed through the brakes and got no time. I am definetly addicted now. Just need to find a way to improve my launch, which should hopefully get me below 12.5. Anyone have any tips for launching, it seemed like it wanted to push through the brakes hard at 1900rpm.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Better brakes :D

Ive tried pumping my brakes a few times, I tihnk it helps, but not when the fluid is super hot, I let my truck cool down and hour atleast between runs.

Congrats!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
2nd gear start maybe?
Bout time you made it to the track!!:thumb:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
i DO NOT advise you try a second gear start. You will smoke the tranny

BS Lots have done it including myself with no problems! I believe Kat's best time with Wendy was using 2nd gear start IIRC. Or at least best 60.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Way to go Drew! :thumb: Listen to everything the guys and Kat tell you. They know what they're doing. You'll get there.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
BS Lots have done it including myself with no problems! I believe Kat's best time with Wendy was using 2nd gear start IIRC. Or at least best 60.

Jeff did ONE 4wd launch this year at the 2.6 race in florida and it smoked the trans. Flaired and hung shifts after that. That was even with 28 inch short tires. Like I said, I would never tell someone to do this. Maybe there is a power limit but I still wouldn't try it after seeing what it did to his truck

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
If you don't want to recommend doing it then that's fine. I can't argue with your opinion!

But saying "YOU WILL SMOKE THE TRANNY" is an incorrect statement". There is proof that says otherwise.

I believe Drew's truck is a 2wd as well but I'm not 100% positive-been awhile since I have seen it.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
If you don't want to recommend doing it then that's fine. I can't argue with your opinion!

But saying "YOU WILL SMOKE THE TRANNY" is an incorrect statement". There is proof that says otherwise.

I believe Drew's truck is a 2wd as well but I'm not 100% positive-been awhile since I have seen it.

You will do considerablely more damage with 2nd launches than with first gear launches
. Russ hurt 2 or 3 converters doing this. Drew look into tuning before replacing hard parts as a 4088 is easier to spool than the stock IHI.

dieselson

Oct 14, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
It's getting the front brakes re done in about a month. Also we found out that the maf sensor was bad so that might have something to do with it struggling to spool

bean

Feb 5, 2011
Norwalk

His truck is a 4wd