lope tune

duramaxman01

Dec 26, 2011
hey guys!newbie here, i will be getting efi live soon with the dsp5, i want a lope tune bad..are they hard on the motor?

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I wouldn't ask that question here. Lope tunes and smoke tunes are very frowned upon here and you are likely to be picked on for it.

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
alright..i want to build it to about 700hp.i think the stock bottom end should hold that

you're rods won't be happy, and sound/look cool dont mean shit if you're blowing smoke, sounding like a cammed out big block while getting your ass handed to you by a tuned 6.0L PSD,,,,,,,,,,, build for power and let your time slips/dyno sheets do the talking so your lope tune don't have to.

Gp184

Coonass and proud!
Nov 24, 2011
Reserve, La.
you're rods won't be happy, and sound/look cool dont mean shit if you're blowing smoke, sounding like a cammed out big block while getting your ass handed to you by a tuned 6.0L PSD,,,,,,,,,,, build for power and let your time slips/dyno sheets do the talking so your lope tune don't have to.

Agreed!!!!:thumb:

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
The uneven balance of power on the cylinders will bend the rods and throw the turbine shaft off balance which will in turn ruin the turbo. So yea, not a good idea. If you want it to lope throw a 12 valve cummins in and put 4k gsk in that along with .120 lines.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Asking about a "Lope tune" is a sure way to not get taken seriously and be abused on this forum. It has nothing to do with performance, and makes you look like an idiot.

I also wouldnt try even 600rwhp on stock LB7 bottom, but its your truck. You will (not "might") bend the rods at that level. Many of us have tried. Learn from our mistakes.

Do a lot of reading....there is an incredible amount of Dmax performance information on this site.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Because it makes you look like an idiot. You also make the rest of the Dmax community look bad becasue we get grouped together by the public just because we own the same kind of trucks as you.
Lope tunes arent performance. Never were, never will be. Same with "smoke switches" and "smoke tunes".

If you are hellbent to have one, then please go somewhere else and ask your questions. We dont condone it here.
BUT, if you want to go faster or pull farther, then we can help with that.

duramaxman01

Dec 26, 2011
ok thats just like saying every cummins guy likes to smoke out everything just cuz 98% do.. and is the duramaxforum better than this place or somthin?