LML Twins and Opinions

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Great to hear James. Got $ for you if you want to do it. Just talked with DT and they’re going to talk with their VP and figure out this return because I already sent the core turbo back and I want to take this thing out before it blows up and ruins my 480 or anything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if i wasnt mid engine tear down and prepping for the machine shop, id take you up on that. Come June, things start to free up.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Well,got on her this morning on my way to work and although it out a smile on my face I got a CEL for he second time in two days for just one code,

The P003A. What can I do about this? As far as I can tell it could mean a bad turbo or a bad band position sensor although BTD put a brand new vane position sensor in it because they were getting the same code.

Thinking there might be a problem with the Stealth 64 as Blake pointed out the veins didn’t seem to be opening up when they should be and the MAF was reading low when I sent him some logs so if it’s true that there’s a problem with this turbo I’m sending it back and I’m putting in a Danville which I probably should’ve done in the first place.

This is why I hate the stealth turbos very few work like advertised

Danville, sdp and htt all have great drop ins that do what they are supposed to

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
100k miles for a few with zero issues what do I need to verify.

I have over 22k miles on my built motor that I race and dd jut it never tows so mine will more then likely never have a oil temp issue.

I guess the obvious thing to verify with an oil temp gauge would be oil temp. If you don’t think it is necessary, that’s fine, but don’t act like people are stupid because they have seen a need for it.

gmac32

Dec 8, 2009
bellville ohio
Here's how the hsp kit I have is done. I kind of like it but it is a pain if you wanna quick take the filter off. It's in there pretty tight.
7dddd9ab9bc774badfb86b15010abb6a.jpg
b492ff92951ea837be7009b1766e98a2.jpg

Mine looks almost exactly like that

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Alright so an update to the Stealth situation. Spoke with Joey yesterday at DT and then spoke with Anthony again this morning about sending the turbo back and getting a full refund after the issues I've had from ordering the hybrid, to settling for the 64, to having BTD have to buy a new VPS sensor and the P003A code.

Brittany called me this morning to update me that not only am I being refunded the whole amount for the Stealth, but they are sending me a return shipping label for it so I don't have to do anything but pull it out and box it up. Also, with the core already having been sent in, they are refunding me the core charge as well. So after all of this with ordering the Danville 2.5 TCT, powdercoaating the cover, ordering the hot side intercooler pipe and having it powdercoated, I basically break exactly even give or take $50. Only thing is I will have to get the old turbo out and get the new turbo in on my own which sucks but it's my only option at this point. Brittany and Jason have been great throughout this whole ordeal and I really appreciate all they're doing behind the scenes to help me get my truck finished up. Thanks WCFab.

Also, I have a vibration that comes through the steering wheel when turing about 30-45 degrees to the right. Turns out the driver side HSP manifold is just barely touching the steering column and I will have to take the steering column apart as I believe it is a 2 piece and is just one bolt to remove, and dremel the manifold just a tad to keep it from rubbing/vibrating and driving me crazy. I also have a resonance vibration throughout the truck just off idle at about 750RPM. The balance rates are basically 0 all around and if you grab the exhaust under cab when it's resonating, you can really feel it in your hands. I tend to believe nothing is rubbing it's just a resonance caused by the engine at that RPM echoing throughout the cab and exhaust. Nothing I can do about it really.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
My HSP hot side pipe was hitting my master cylinder when I backed up causing an ungodly vibration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
I had the same issue with the driver side manifold hitting the steering shaft with Rick from ProFab’s 2 1/4” pipes. Seems like the NBS LMLs have just a touch less clearance there than the OBS LML.

I’ve heard that the whole thing with the vibration just off of idle is fairly common with compound kits.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Alright so an update to the Stealth situation. Spoke with Joey yesterday at DT and then spoke with Anthony again this morning about sending the turbo back and getting a full refund after the issues I've had from ordering the hybrid, to settling for the 64, to having BTD have to buy a new VPS sensor and the P003A code.

Brittany called me this morning to update me that not only am I being refunded the whole amount for the Stealth, but they are sending me a return shipping label for it so I don't have to do anything but pull it out and box it up. Also, with the core already having been sent in, they are refunding me the core charge as well. So after all of this with ordering the Danville 2.5 TCT, powdercoaating the cover, ordering the hot side intercooler pipe and having it powdercoated, I basically break exactly even give or take $50. Only thing is I will have to get the old turbo out and get the new turbo in on my own which sucks but it's my only option at this point. Brittany and Jason have been great throughout this whole ordeal and I really appreciate all they're doing behind the scenes to help me get my truck finished up. Thanks WCFab.

Also, I have a vibration that comes through the steering wheel when turing about 30-45 degrees to the right. Turns out the driver side HSP manifold is just barely touching the steering column and I will have to take the steering column apart as I believe it is a 2 piece and is just one bolt to remove, and dremel the manifold just a tad to keep it from rubbing/vibrating and driving me crazy. I also have a resonance vibration throughout the truck just off idle at about 750RPM. The balance rates are basically 0 all around and if you grab the exhaust under cab when it's resonating, you can really feel it in your hands. I tend to believe nothing is rubbing it's just a resonance caused by the engine at that RPM echoing throughout the cab and exhaust. Nothing I can do about it really.

I had the same issue with the driver side manifold hitting the steering shaft with Rick from ProFab’s 2 1/4” pipes. Seems like the NBS LMLs have just a touch less clearance there than the OBS LML.

I’ve heard that the whole thing with the vibration just off of idle is fairly common with compound kits.

^^, I've read about guys having their idle raised a little to combat this issue.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
The off idle doesn’t bother me that much it’s just the steering column that bothers me because not only is it a vibration but it makes a pretty loud noise and when I’m on a large sweeping right turn you can really hear it. I suppose it’s an easy fix and nothing my Dremel can’t take care of in a few minutes.