LML Twins and Opinions

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Mike are you involved in the revmax guys? Supposedly they have a prototype that’s being tested

Last I was told, it’s not even in testing yet in a truck.

Regardless, they didn’t upgrade internals like they should have....

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
A6C1FCDE-3DFD-40FF-B600-42EFEFC47005.jpg
I assumed it was bullish!t. Any of you know this guy? He’s the one that supposedly has one in one of his trucks and is in Cali. He seems to be a l5p guru *♂️. I’ve taken every conversation that I’ve been involved in with him with a grain of salt. Especially when it comes to the transmissions. But you can’t tell some of these guys anything. I’ve told them I’ll stick with who I trust and that’s mike.

Attachments

• A6C1FCDE-3DFD-40FF-B600-42EFEFC47005.jpg
    A6C1FCDE-3DFD-40FF-B600-42EFEFC47005.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 76

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
View attachment 50679
I assumed it was bullish!t. Any of you know this guy? He’s the one that supposedly has one in one of his trucks and is in Cali. He seems to be a l5p guru *. I’ve taken every conversation that I’ve been involved in with him with a grain of salt. Especially when it comes to the transmissions. But you can’t tell some of these guys anything. I’ve told them I’ll stick with who I trust and that’s mike.

Yes, lots of shop owners and reg people who do not care for him. Very dimitri like lol

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Beach, youve been in this game long enough to know who knows what and who to trust. Tell the jackasses (like that guy) to go to hell. "L5P guru"....pfffft.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Last I was told, it’s not even in testing yet in a truck.

Regardless, they didn’t upgrade internals like they should have....

There are no clutches yet for the 10sp and I have the only converter. Goerend can now build this converter in any configuration we want.

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
Beach, youve been in this game long enough to know who knows what and who to trust. Tell the jackasses (like that guy) to go to hell. "L5P guru"....pfffft.

You’re correct Tom, I’ve been around since 06 but guys like this aren’t worth my time. I could really careless what he says to me personally or if he disagrees with something I say. I typically keep my opinions to myself these days ( my how times and my maturity level have changed lol) because it doesn’t matter how much you know or how long you’ve been around they know more.

As for the revmax guys I believe they had said that new clutches with diffent clutch material just wouldn’t do anything on the insides of these transmissions. That the fix was adding more clutches and steels but there isn’t room. I did listen to a pod cast of theirs on the issue. I’ll see if I can find it and post it here if anyone is interested. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure the aftermarket clutches and steels are a different thickness aren’t they? Also haven’t we been using machined apply plates for years to get the tolerance numbers that we needed?
As always this place and the people here are my first stop when looking for information on any year of these trucks. Just isn’t much currently floating around on here for the 20’s

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You’re correct Tom, I’ve been around since 06 but guys like this aren’t worth my time. I could really careless what he says to me personally or if he disagrees with something I say. I typically keep my opinions to myself these days ( my how times and my maturity level have changed lol) because it doesn’t matter how much you know or how long you’ve been around they know more.

As for the revmax guys I believe they had said that new clutches with diffent clutch material just wouldn’t do anything on the insides of these transmissions. That the fix was adding more clutches and steels but there isn’t room. I did listen to a pod cast of theirs on the issue. I’ll see if I can find it and post it here if anyone is interested. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure the aftermarket clutches and steels are a different thickness aren’t they? Also haven’t we been using machined apply plates for years to get the tolerance numbers that we needed?
As always this place and the people here are my first stop when looking for information on any year of these trucks. Just isn’t much currently floating around on here for the 20’s

thats kind of their points. that isnt really available in these transmissions. The factory has used all the space they can to make it compact and hold factory power.

The post cast was interesting in the fact they claim there has been 0 information out about these transmissions yet we have been talking about them and Mike has pretty much said everything they did long ago :roflmao:

guess that happens when you stick to youtube and facebook for your information only.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I’m not ready to read 68 pages of thread right now lol, but just curious what the reason for what seems to be a change in mentality from the last truck? Last truck was throw everything at it for big passing and towing power, if she blows she blows VS not even wanting to tune this one?
Is the new one really that good that it’s making you not consider tweaking on it or was it just too much of a hassle trying to make a race truck do regular truck things?

I’ve realized I’ll never keep any truck more than 3-4 years and it’s not worth spending so much money on something I’m going to give away for an enormous loss every few years. The new 2020s are pretty damn refined and the more I drive the more I like quiet and smooth yet powerful. No more lifts, turbos, tunes or anything anymore for me. I’ll be enjoying my warranties from now on.

All that aside, the EPA keeps making it harder and harder to have fun so screw it, I’ll just obey and enjoy my boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I’ve realized I’ll never keep any truck more than 3-4 years and it’s not worth spending so much money on something I’m going to give away for an enormous loss every few years. The new 2020s are pretty damn refined and the more I drive the more I like quiet and smooth yet powerful. No more lifts, turbos, tunes or anything anymore for me. I’ll be enjoying my warranties from now on.

All that aside, the EPA keeps making it harder and harder to have fun so screw it, I’ll just obey and enjoy my boat.

You're starting to sound like Mike (except insert golf instead of boat)! :rofl:

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
243e11a8038bcfcb5862289b60391a9e.jpg

Plus my first is due October so I prefer reliable over fast now

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015

Right on man, I've come to similar conclusions for other hobbies as well, but they are nowhere near the scale of $ for diesels haha

I love the luxury of some of the new trucks, but I'm also a little turned off by how complexly everything is integrated. But, you can't have your cake and eat it too ... or something along those lines.

Also, congrats on the son