LML Twins and Opinions

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
I’d definitely wait on mark. He will 100% make this right. Not steering you away from fleece as I’ve always been a fan of them. I was 1 of the first people in the country to run one of their turbos. But mark is definitely the modified vgt whisperer. Just my opinion

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
Taking it back to Sean tomorrow. They can figure it out and someone will be paying for the fix but it won’t be me. Sometimes stock is easier. It was tempting not to stop and trade this bitch in every time I passed a GMC dealer today except that they’d give me $45K for it and I have almost 3 times that in to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That right there is why I'll never do major mods to a truck again. Been looking to trade my lml in on a new yukon xl and it's ridiculous the amount of money I'm going to loose. Mods are worth nothing to the dealer.

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
That right there is why I'll never do major mods to a truck again. Been looking to trade my lml in on a new yukon xl and it's ridiculous the amount of money I'm going to loose. Mods are worth nothing to the dealer.

If you're talking about the one in your sig with the built engine PM me the dealer you trade it into if you do along with your vin:D

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I'm sure mark will point you into the right direction but I would put a gauge on turbo feed line before installing new turbo. Copperhead knows there Duramaxs. Good people.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I'm sure mark will point you into the right direction but I would put a gauge on turbo feed line before installing new turbo. Copperhead knows there Duramaxs. Good people.

I’m sure whatever needs to be figured out will be but Sean did say they checked oil pressure from the driver side feed and said it was good from the start.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Spoke to him today. He says he’ll get it fixed and sent back ASAP.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Mark may be a great guy but those who work for him don’t seem to give a shit that I’ve got to rent a car now for a month as the truck is my daily driver and they’re back logged with warranty claims in front of me. Apparently overnight means I’ve got to pay for that and even then they’re 2.5 weeks from even looking at it if it’s a warranty issue as they have others in line before me. If it’s not warranty, they’re going to make me buy a new one apparently. At this point I’m going to get my money back, throw a stock charger in it and trade this thing in or sell it private if anybody’s interested.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Isn’t this the second turbo you went through?

Yeah the stock charger was fine even having been tuned for 43,000 miles then I threw the compounds in with a stealth 64 and the veins were stuck from the very beginning so we took that out after 7,000 miles and replaced it with a brand new Danville 63.5. It failed after 700 miles.

Danville is going to send a shipping label to Copperhead, they will pull the turbo out and send it back tomorrow. Danville will have it back next week and will either take the compressor cover off which is powder coated and put it on a brand new 63.5 that they have in stock and send it out the next business day or they’ll put new bearings in my old turbo and send it out the next business day or two. Copperhead will have it the following week but either way I should have my truck back in about two weeks from tomorrow though I think I’m going to be stuck with labor to take out and reinstall the turbo a second time.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Seems reasonable to me? :confused:

Yeah I’m happy with how the turbo will be repaired or replaced not happy that I paid over $1300 for the Danville to be installed and had already paid for the stealth to be installed and will be paying again for another Danville to be installed. That’s labor for 3 turbo install instead of one not due to my own causation.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
If ya go back 10yrs on here, you'll find where I shared your current feelings..

Now I'm the one getting paid to work on these crazy things. Was an ASE Master Tech in 87, then walked clean away from turning wrenches till I bought my first Duramax. My day job didn't pay good enough to just own one "cranked up" .... lol :D

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
What do you guys think about the dans diesel turbos that direct drop in? HSP sells them as well. Looking at the 63.5 which they call their DDP 64

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I don't see how it would be any better.

I probably missed it, but was the Danville charger a brand new cartridge or a reman?

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Why switch turbos again if Mark is covering yours :confused:

I have it from a good source that they’ve had many LML drop in failures I was unaware of and they admitted they have a bunch of warranty claims in front of me. Don’t want to put another Danville in and have to take it out again and have my truck down again for 3 weeks. Either way I’ll let them send me another new one and see how it goes but it there’s any more problems I’m getting my money back and getting something else either a Fleece or DDP or worst case a new stock turbo.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Exactly my thoughts James. I ran a modded vgt on the lmm and blew it up. Swapped to a 369sxe and wondered why I bothered with a modded vgt in the beginning