LML Twins and Opinions

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
If I owned the company I’d be doing damage control either privately or publicly and have had no contact from this Larry guy or anybody else and it just pisses me off. Whatever man they’re too busy breaking records to deal with people like myself. It takes a 5 minute phone call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
If I owned the company I’d be doing damage control either privately or publicly and have had no contact from this Larry guy or anybody else and it just pisses me off. Whatever man they’re too busy breaking records to deal with people like myself. It takes a 5 minute phone call.

Danville Performance is more than just a turbo shop, they are a full fledged build/repair/turbo shop. I hate seeing reports of customer service like this from Danville as every time I've had a question or issue I get a response back almost immediately (sometimes next day). Please keep us all posted on how it goes.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
They also need to disassemble the failed unit to decide if it should be warranted.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They’ve at least told us they’re going to warranty it but had no further details on what failed or what caused it.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009

Not sticking up or offering opinion, but I’ve talked to Larry on the phone. All I did was call and ask to speak to Larry. Have you tried asking to speak to him? In my experience, he’s very interested in his business and doing right.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Not sticking up or offering opinion, but I’ve talked to Larry on the phone. All I did was call and ask to speak to Larry. Have you tried asking to speak to him? In my experience, he’s very interested in his business and doing right.

I asked to speak with him this morning and she said he was picking up a customer at the airport. After all the bitching I’ve done to everyone there you’ld think he’s heard about it and would call me. From the people I’ve spoken to it sounds like every third turbo they sell blows up or siezes so I’m not a special case. If I’m wrong they can call me on it or correct me on here which they obviously haven’t done for a reason.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
It sounds like the Performance world is not for you. These things happen. It's the risk you take. With how busy most shops are it sounds like they are doing good of getting the ball rolling. You can try bashing all you want but there is a reason most people suggest them. Mark WILL take care of you. Just be patient. It can be stressful but it's part of it.

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
It sounds like the Performance world is not for you. These things happen. It's the risk you take. With how busy most shops are it sounds like they are doing good of getting the ball rolling. You can try bashing all you want but there is a reason most people suggest them. Mark WILL take care of you. Just be patient. It can be stressful but it's part of it.

Very well said

gmac32

Dec 8, 2009
bellville ohio
I understand your point frogman. I think they should send you a new one. It's quicker for them. Use the cartridge out if the new one and put your housing on it. It takes of yiu and they can reman your old one and sell it. That's just imo. Makes you happy and that is good customer service

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin

Very well said

Very well said

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Don’t have any skin in the game for/against Danville, but had an Danville LML drop-in fail as well. We worked out a deal for a larger charger, didn’t have any more money in the new larger one than if I would have bought it outright. Would have cost me quite a chunk to have mine repaired, which had 1-2k miles on it. Didn’t quite understand how that worked, but I was happy.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I understand your point frogman. I think they should send you a new one. It's quicker for them. Use the cartridge out if the new one and put your housing on it. It takes of yiu and they can reman your old one and sell it. That's just imo. Makes you happy and that is good customer service

Exactly my point thank you.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010

Not bashing just posting what others won’t because somehow blind loyalty to aftermarket businesses runs deep around here. Credit goes where credits due and blame should be the same. I’ve been modding my trucks for 10 years and never had as many problems with everybody and everything as I’ve had with this truck from suspension to engine work to tuning (not Blake).

The economy is good right now and all these guys are raking it in but when the economy goes to shit again and the EPA cracks down some more they’ll be reaching out looking for customers I guarantee it.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Everyone who owns these shops is human and I don’t think 98% of customers understand how busy people are and how many phone calls texts emails Facebook messages and what not happen from 7 a.m until sometimes midnight or later. Hiring people doesn’t help when everyone wants to talk to you and wants you to be the one doing your work. 100’s and 100’s and 100’s a day replying to about half of them a day is full time job job with overtime on top. Everyone has failures EVERYONE and you will be taken care of by Danville. If you aren’t then bitch but give the people a chance to help. I have my stuff fail I forget stuff I miss deadlines by miles and so does every other shop and I’ve lived it dealing with many. Sure part timers and newbies pound thier chest online how great they are they will never change....lol ok :rofl: then they find out what busy is. If they are actually busy shit it happens. I was perfect too when I wasn’t. Welcome to the high performance world and get used everything breaking and I mean everything even the stuff the internet says won’t break is going to. Also get used to waiting when it does that’s life in any performance industry.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Everyone who owns these shops is human and I don’t think 98% of customers understand how busy people are and how many phone calls texts emails Facebook messages and what not happen from 7 a.m until sometimes midnight or later. Hiring people doesn’t help when everyone wants to talk to you and wants you to be the one doing your work. 100’s and 100’s and 100’s a day replying to about half of them a day is full time job job with overtime on top. Everyone has failures EVERYONE and you will be taken care of by Danville. If you aren’t then bitch but give the people a chance to help. I have my stuff fail I forget stuff I miss deadlines by miles and so does every other shop and I’ve lived it dealing with many. Sure part timers and newbies pound thier chest online how great they are they will never change....lol ok :rofl: then they find out what busy is. If they are actually busy shit it happens. I was perfect too when I wasn’t. Welcome to the high performance world and get used everything breaking and I mean everything even the stuff the internet says won’t break is going to. Also get used to waiting when it does that’s life in any performance industry.

Sure I understand shit happens, everybody knows that. It’s how you respond that counts. Hiring a bunch of people that answer the phones without knowledge and a bad attitude doesn’t help to comfort people spending thousands of dollars on totally unnecessary shit. Again, when times are tough the discretionary spending will dry up once again just like it did before and nobody’s going to be buying new trucks, boats, RVs, timeshares, twin turbos, billet trannies, Barrett .50s or anything else they don’t need. It’s those who go the extra mile to make sure their customers are happy who stick around.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Personally I wouldn’t worry about it. I don’t know about the housing that made contact with the wheel or how bad it is but the main part they are replacing is the cartridge which will be new. Just take it and run it. At least the used parts will be yours originally so you know how many miles are on it.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Personally I wouldn’t worry about it. I don’t know about the housing that made contact with the wheel or how bad it is but the main part they are replacing is the cartridge which will be new. Just take it and run it. At least the used parts will be yours originally so you know how many miles are on it.

That’s the plan and if it blows again I’ll take a different route next time hopefully with a large refund in hand.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne

Vary well said. Until we can clone ourselves we are screwed.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
X2..
I'm about as specialized as ya get, truly one on one customer relationships.
But then again, only have half dozen customers, answer about half their calls and emails.. :spit:

Seriously, Frogman your dealing with one of most respected diesel performance shops in the country. Have faith, or do like most of the big midwest players, just drop the truck off at Danville and have em call ya when it's right..

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
FYI, this is my opinon on the whole thing and what I sent to Mark and Jason this morning after arguing about it with Whitney for 15 or 20 minutes and getting nowhere.

Mark,

My name is Ken Averbuck and I messaged you on Duramaxdiesels about my new LML turbo failing. It is there at your shop this morning and your guys are working on it right now. My question is this, the new 63.5mm TCT 2.5 that I purchased through Wehrli cost me $2100 plus $150 or so for the side oiling kit.

I paid my shop over $1,300 to install it and after two days and 700 easy highway miles the turbo failed and seized completely, I was forced to leave a trailer I was going to tow back from California in California for 2 to 3 weeks until I get my truck back and I am having to rent a car in the meantime as this truck is my daily driver. On top of all of that, I now have to pay the shop another $1,300 for it to be installed again.

Whitney told me that she has new turbos sitting there but that my turbo is being torn down and repaired, under warranty, and the bearings seized and the compressor housing was struck by the compressor wheel. She said they will get it sent back out maybe today. Re-manned turbos on your website are only $1,400. I don't understand why I paid $2,100 for a new turbo, had it for two days, and am now getting a repaired, re-manned turbo, back?

My opinion is this; take the compressor housing off of my failed turbo, put it on a NEW turbo and send that out overnight. No refunds and no more bitching from me. Then, you can fix my failed turbo and sell it for $1,400 as a re-man. Makes sense to me but not to anybody else apparently.

Also, I was under the impression you owned the shop but apparently a guy named Larry does, who's email I don't have. Please consider this, let him know my feelings on it, and let me know your thoughts.

Ken

Why put your compressor housing on a NEW turbo?

From the sounds of it, you're asking for $4200 worth of turbos to be sent to you (your original new one and now a second new one) but Danville will only be compensated for $3500 worth of turbos ($2100 for your new one and $1400 for your remanned one).

So, just to be clear, you're asking Danville to take a $700 hit on the chin in the name of "customer satisfaction"?