LML Twins and Opinions

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I’m guessing seized.

Really hope it’s just a leak but I don’t hear the whirring noise anymore just no noise. Highest boost is about 1.7PSI under full throttle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Hate to hear it, man. Sounds like you’re going thru some of the same stuff I did, lol. Wouldn’t be hard to pull you turbo horn off and wiggle the wheel to see what its doing.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Taking it back to Sean tomorrow. They can figure it out and someone will be paying for the fix but it won’t be me. Sometimes stock is easier. It was tempting not to stop and trade this bitch in every time I passed a GMC dealer today except that they’d give me $45K for it and I have almost 3 times that in to it.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Well, that sucks...

Now your going to feel uneasy about the truck, I've been there, bad feeling. Your right about stock trucks, but they aren't much fun now are they? Hopefully, you will get it right here soon...

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Yea it takes along time to rebuild trust in something once it fails you and you really never fully get it back...
Hopefully they can get it fixed and running Right so the joy will outweigh the pain
Good luck and Thanks for keeping us all updated on your build:thumb:

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Prelube the turbo before you fired it up?

Don’t know if they did it was installed by copperhead diesel.

Made it home, got all the way up to 30MPH and EGTs at 1200 coming out of Coachella/Indio on that I-10 grade. Maintained 60-70 on the flats with same EGTs. Dropping it off this morning as soon as I can so they can get working on it. Really think with lack of leak sound anymore that the turbo is siezed completely. Additionally, they had to grind a tab or ear off the compressor housing backing plate to get it to sit down flat and not interfere with the fuel lines and Danville and All In both said they’ve seen Garrett send LML turbos that way but it’s not usual.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Well, that sucks...

Now your going to feel uneasy about the truck, I've been there, bad feeling. Your right about stock trucks, but they aren't much fun now are they? Hopefully, you will get it right here soon...

You’re right, stock is slow and boring but usually reliable and any dealer survive the truck in any state when you’ve got all the BS in your exhaust still.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I'll bet it just blew off a charge tube. They don't make a lot of noise once a boot is completely off. I've destroyed a few boots over the years, and your first comment points in that direction.

Those were the first things I checked and nada.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Sean is sending a Tow truck to come get the thing and he assured me the tech used a syringe to pre-lube the turbo like they do for every new turbo. Either way he’s been very helpful thus far. Fingers crossed for a simple solution.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Update: Sean called, the Danville 63.5 turbo is totally seized up and he says you can’t even turn it with your hand. He’ll be in contact with WCFab and Danville to see what the prescription is but I’d like to see it overnighted to Danville, rebuilt and overnighted back to be reinstalled the next day.

He said there doesn’t seem to be any other boost leaks or drive pressure leaks and oiling doesn’t seem to be an issue so it’s probably just bad bearings which is why I was hearing the weird whirring noise from the very beginning and it was making less power from the beginning as well. Considering a Fleece 63 VNT as well.