Lml no power

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Step 1: Make/buy a boost leak tester and see if it has a boost leak, that will 100% cause the symptom you're having (not the codes tho).

Step 2: If fixing the boost leak(s)/none found doesn't fix the issue, watch desired and actual rail pressure to see if it's not building proper pressure. There are many causes for this and we can look at if step 1 doesn't fix the problem.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Isn't the LML the one that's prone to ghost code on delete tunes? I remember reading about it when tuning was new for the LML. Something to do with an unrelated code needing to be disabled that fixed the issue. And not all trucks suffered from the issue. Always results in a limp mode with no codes or DIC warnings.

I think there was two ways to get it out of limp, reflash the ECM, even flashing the same tune will work, or adjusting the offending code and flashing that tune in

It seems like this may be a possibility

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
432 area code is west texas. Where are you? I have a good friend in the Midland area that could probably help you get it figured out.

Reactions: 1FastBrick

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
On the cold side should I be able to squeeze the hose almost like a radiator hose or should it be stiffer so it holds boost
Your meaning the short piece between the two plastic ends? That should have steel rings placed in the bellows to keep it from expanding.

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
You MAY have a bad map or circuit for the MAP. See the attachment. If you have a scan tool, check BARO vs MAP. BARO should remain relatively flat while MAP should change quite a bit if boost actually increases.

I'm thinking that P026D below may be the answer to your problem just because it mentions a few of your codes.

Attachments

• P0234.pdf
    312.1 KB · Views: 5
  • P026d.pdf
    833.6 KB · Views: 10
  • P026C.pdf
    101.6 KB · Views: 4

tbj

Jun 4, 2008
Mills Co., Texas
I changed the fuel filter and it was clean diesel but I’m gonna check the fuel rail pressure last time I looked it was around 21000psi if I remember correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbj

Jun 4, 2008
Mills Co., Texas
Ron I can get a snapon scan tool from a buddy and that’s what the codes were from everything else is from my edge that I use as gauges or the v2 for my efi live

tbj

Jun 4, 2008
Mills Co., Texas
Bd I may have a friend that is a customer of mine that mainly works on powerstrokes that might have the leak down tester but it should work on a lml so I’m gonna see it’s kinda hard when I’m looking and can’t hear anything over the engine

tbj

Jun 4, 2008
Mills Co., Texas
Here is what I found tonightIMG_0073.jpg
I also have a video from the snapon scan tool that shows baro and map pressures