LML LML custom tunes flashed via EFI?

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding, the KessV2/Alienware hardware is able to read the LML ECM as a binary file and they have then converted it to an editable format? (FYI - this is still a $10K proposition)

Some European software is out there that will allow you to edit the .bin file, however, you'll have to invest the R&D time into that (IE, make your maps, identify them, etc)..

Awesome that EFILive is allowing us to flash them at least.

DURAMXD

BOB SAGET!
Apr 24, 2012
Wichita, KS
That's my video, I shot it, I was there. It was a stock LML (Kory's DD) and stock LML electronics. Kory asked me to post it, so I did.

As mentioned already, it is flashed with EFILive but written/modified with other software.

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
However it's getting done shouldn't be the topic of discussion now.

Only that it is, in fact, getting done and that itself is an incredible accomplishment. Huge congratulations to EFI Live and Kory as well. This is great news, to say the least, for LML owners and the Duramax tuning world as a whole.

Congrats again! :woott:

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Thanks guys, we have invested lots of time, money, headache..months, and all of anything undesirable you can think of to tune these things. This was my LML daily driver, but are currently making it a race truck with cool parts. Just wanted to see how far we could stretch the cp4.2 with what we are working with currently. The strategy is very complex, but personally I feel very worth it.

We have worked with EFILive 1on1 on having this software clean and slick for the masses and I'm proud to say they have achieved this with 1:30 second cal flash times and 3:00 full flash times. Very impressive to say the least. The fact that EFILive cares about your request enough to at least provide a flashing tool that the current tuning workshop can support speaks volumes of them.

Thanks again everything, we are working on cool things.. STAY POSTED!

dag4566

May 7, 2009
Only that it is, in fact, getting done and that itself is an incredible accomplishment. Huge congratulations to EFI Live and Kory as well. This is great news, to say the least, for LML owners and the Duramax tuning world as a whole.

Congrats again! :woott:

:thumb:

Sub'd. Time to stop looking for a low mile LBZ and regret selling the last one :woott:

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio
Just to bump this LML tuning thing up I saw a video on Youtube a few nights ago from Duramaxtuner about using EFI's Spade and the tuning he had made up for it. Looked pretty good but i cant find the video now?

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
no wonder they have high egts,:confused: does anyone else know why they are running 1700+. They mite as well get rid of the DPF for the race tune, it will be blowing right through any way.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Orrrr some custom tunes flashed in with end user adjustability, tire size change, speed limit removal with cruise control enabled, anddd still be custom tunes set up for ANY MODS the truck has... Ah, only in a perfect work I suppose...