LLY: LLY max pulsewidth?

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I run into this alot too where I find that the rig has had a Pyro probe in it the tell tale sign that its had a tuner in it. you never know what was done to a used rig before you got it. I have seen some pretty beat on dodges fords and chevy's.

jwrkansas

Mar 3, 2012
Yeah that's why its hard to get a good feel for what they like, seems that one will limp while another will do really well. Most of the people are new owners and don't have accurate history of the truck

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
On my lbz I ran 2900us & 30* with only a transgo & it never limped, but it smoked the tcc.

On a 6 speed yep. gave that to a guy on a LMM once. he said "Oh I won't use the hot tune" But he wanted maxx effort! two weeks later he was in for a new convertor. lol. then he sold it lol.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
I've only seen some PPE LB7 tunes, but they ran ALOT of pulsewidth, but not alot of timing.

Now, pardon my unknown here, but is it the same rule of thumb as gassers, more boost, more fuel and less timing is safer than pushing timing?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Now, pardon my unknown here, but is it the same rule of thumb as gassers, more boost, more fuel and less timing is safer than pushing timing?

Nope cause timing here is not the same as gasser timing. Too less timing means high egt's, too much and cyl pressures jump to where you can kill Pistons or rods.

We are not timing spark to ignite. We are timing the beginning of the injection of fuel and need to concidered at what point fuel is being sprayed before and after tdc.