LBZ struck by lightning!!

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
yeah no working radio. she runs no codes.. drives but shifts rough but learns better through time. only using a pos superchip tuner to read... no cluster, no radio, no windows or locks but have all signals and only brights.. and my cargo light works and also my lumbar and power seats work with rearview mirror working aswell with readout. sometimes passenger rear windows goes down n up by itself when key is actuated lol

you're really going to need a tech 2 to really make this truck 100% "right" again.

Otherwise you are just going to keep chasing your tail spending 3x as much money as is probably necessary to make the truck right. Really, all these problems could be diagnosed (and the root cause found) in about 2 minutes with a Tech 2.

Until then, no one in this thread can help you. The only thing we can do is provide a bunch of wild-butt guesses as to what the problem "might" be....which doesnt help you out at all (or anyone in the future with a similar problem who might read this thread looking for advice)

ben

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Exactly.

If I had a nickle every time some idiot stereo shop told their customers "OMG you need this module with an aftermarket radio, otherwise the truck wont start, the airbags wont work, etc"

The reason everyone does the module is, as stated above, so you can keep your door/alert chimes, keep your steering wheel controls working, keep your onstar working, and keep your retained accessory power working (so the aftermarket radio stays on after shutdown until the door is opened).

Think about it. How silly would that be for GM to setup the engine anti-theft system that way??? OMG I turned my radio up so loud that it blew a fuse, now my truck wont start and im stuck in the middle of nowhere!!!! :D
Thanks for the info Ben now i know.

curt

noob
Jun 10, 2012
alberta, canada
cluster ground

i had a car i was asked to try and repair it was hit by lightning every electronic module was replaced, everytime the cruise was set the entire cluster gauges would jump up/down! we ran a seperate ground from the pinout behind cluster to battery tried the cruise worked perfect so ran a new ground no idea where that wire was blown apart! so might i suggest finding the ground for the cluster and try a remote ground! just my .02 cents! :thumb:

good luck!