LBZ Porting/Polishing

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Got the compressor side all done today. Just need a few parts to show up and then its assembly time!!
51655c164b97089af0c4423c63e121f6.jpg

1a54448b6a4d263aa2b2290f5870c8b9.jpg

f65b78cecb411366cbe17f1d2b4fa3ff.jpg

Yellowchevy

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Can't stop looking at this thread!

Stay patient my friend!

Russell is working on me a super stocker and we will be doing back to back dyno testing with oh for results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Right on clrussell. Lot of Russell's around.lol... On goes my patient hat.

Haha..

I've changed my mind about 27 time already but pretty sure we are going to stick with a super stocker.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Haha..

I've changed my mind about 27 time already but pretty sure we are going to stick with a super stocker.

What options are you getting? BatMoWheel, Fingers Vanes, high Flow Turbine Wheel.....

I'm looking forward to your review/feedback

Corey

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
What options are you getting? BatMoWheel, Fingers Vanes, high Flow Turbine Wheel.....

Corey

Wetzel wheel, port and polish, hx 40 down pipe and whatever else Russell thinks I should do.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now

Corey

10 blade turbine wheel requires machining and believe Corbin is cheap!!:thumb::roflmao::hug:.

I'm looking for a good back to back comparison so I don't want change a ton. Being I'm going to use Corbins pickup I'm making him a good deal!!:thumb:

Ideally I'd like to
1 - dyno/boost test bone stock as it sits
2 - dyno/boost test ported/polished w/stock comp wheel
3 - dyno/boost test ported/polished w/wetzel comp wheel
4 - dyno/boost test ported/polished w/wetzel comp wheel & HX40 downpipe

But we don't have that much time!!

Yellowchevy

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
10 blade turbine wheel requires machining and believe Corbin is cheap!!:thumb::roflmao::hug:.

I'm looking for a good back to back comparison so I don't want change a ton. Being I'm going to use Corbins pickup I'm making him a good deal!!:thumb:

Ideally I'd like to

Yellowchevy

As soon as my wife gets to the lisence office and tags my jeep I'll have plenty of down time on the truck. I'm tempted to bring it up and drop it off for a while.

And yes I'm a cheap ass

Big Chris

2 Duramaxes> 1 Duramax
Mar 30, 2010
Rives Junction MI

Ideally I'd like to

Yellowchevy

I'm looking forward to seeing your results. I really like my LBZ turbo. I still haven't put a lot of miles on it but I'm very happy with my decision. ( I had Russell port and polish, rebuild, 10 blade turbine wheel and 63 mm compressor wheel) My truck is a poor test case because I had a non functioning stock turbo (stuck veins) and I'm not running enough fuel to really push the turbo. Normal driving it has stock like boost and lag. EGTs seem a little lower but when you get out of the throttle they drop much faster than stock. Exhaust braking is similar to the stock lmm turbo was. Not quite as aggressive at lower rpm levels but it feels very strong at highway speeds. It sounds like a 6.0 power stroke whistle. Noticeable in the cab but not obnoxious at all. Again, I'm running it just about as quietly as possible because I have the stock intake and am running a 4" Silverline exhaust with muffler. Straight piped and a metal intake may make it quite a bit louder. Again, Russell idoes great work and is great to deal with.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
10 blade turbine wheel requires machining and believe Corbin is cheap!!:thumb::hug:.

Ideally I'd like to

Yellowchevy
Sure ya do. He had a jeep to drive remember lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I'm looking forward to seeing your results. I really like my LBZ turbo. I still haven't put a lot of miles on it but I'm very happy with my decision. ( I had Russell port and polish, rebuild, 10 blade turbine wheel and 63 mm compressor wheel) My truck is a poor test case because I had a non functioning stock turbo (stuck veins) and I'm not running enough fuel to really push the turbo. Normal driving it has stock like boost and lag. EGTs seem a little lower but when you get out of the throttle they drop much faster than stock. Exhaust braking is similar to the stock LMM turbo was. Not quite as aggressive at lower rpm levels but it feels very strong at highway speeds. It sounds like a 6.0 power stroke whistle. Noticeable in the cab but not obnoxious at all. Again, I'm running it just about as quietly as possible because I have the stock intake and am running a 4" Silverline exhaust with muffler. Straight piped and a metal intake may make it quite a bit louder. Again, Russell does great work and is great to deal with.

Hey Chris,

Glad to see you're enjoying the turbo and got it back together. I know it took longer than you were wanting and you battled a fuel problem but glad to hear its running!!:woott:

I could use an LLY, LBZ, LMM, and LML for at least 6 months to try different setup/variations!! I guess I just need to buy an LMM & LML that I could swap different turbo's into!!!:roflmao:.

Yellowchevy