LB7 Turbo w/ stock injectors?

GeorgiaDuramax

Enthusiast
May 5, 2010
Georgia
Well in a Dmax to do 800RWHP you'll need a built rotating assembly to make it last, and some headstuds. Otherwise all you need is a big pump in the valley, some good injectors, and good tuning. :thumb:

On an ole CR Cummins, you just need the studs, a big pump, good injectors, and a Smarty!

Caleb

Oh yeah I know that. I was wondering about the charger it self.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I guess I should respond to this thread since my name was mentioned in regards to the BD 64m.. I forget the exact miles and dates but its all on here in one of my threads. Anyways IIRC my original BD 64m lasted around 1100 miles before it let go and blew 2 gallons of oil out my stack.:( After (IIRC) 6 weeks BD did send me a new one free and under warranty. I only put 2 or 3k miles on the replacement but did not have any further issues. I never posted anything negative in your BD for sale thread Henry because that particular turbo seems to have very mixed reviews as far as performance and longevity and perhaps my original was just plagued with a manufactures defects:confused: My personal opinion of that turbo is, I would not recomend it as a single replacement over a factory VVT. Yes it can make a little more power then a stock charger but not enough to justify $2,400 + IMO.. Now in a twin setup with a S480 it works nicely and is very drivable/towable. If I choose to keep my BD 64m this year it will be getting upgraded to a HTT, SS housing with a 66m wheel.. I have heard nothing but good things about the HTT 66m even though they are almost identical in design from what I have gathered. All that said I think a HTT would work nicely for the O.P. since your not looking to go crazy with the power, You can get it with a SS/polished housing to keep your engine compartment looking good, and there is the option to integrate it with a s480 or similar in the future if your power goals increase..

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I guess I should respond to this thread since my name was mentioned in regards to the BD 64m.. I forget the exact miles and dates but its all on here in one of my threads. Anyways IIRC my original BD 64m lasted around 1100 miles before it let go and blew 2 gallons of oil out my stack.:( After (IIRC) 6 weeks BD did send me a new one free and under warranty. I only put 2 or 3k miles on the replacement but did not have any further issues. I never posted anything negative in your BD for sale thread Henry because that particular turbo seems to have very mixed reviews as far as performance and longevity and perhaps my original was just plagued with a manufactures defects:confused: My personal opinion of that turbo is, I would not recomend it as a single replacement over a factory VVT. Yes it can make a little more power then a stock charger but not enough to justify $2,400 + IMO.. Now in a twin setup with a S480 it works nicely and is very drivable/towable. If I choose to keep my BD 64m this year it will be getting upgraded to a HTT, SS housing with a 66m wheel.. I have heard nothing but good things about the HTT 66m even though they are almost identical in design from what I have gathered. All that said I think a HTT would work nicely for the O.P. since your not looking to go crazy with the power, You can get it with a SS/polished housing to keep your engine compartment looking good, and there is the option to integrate it with a s480 or similar in the future if your power goals increase..

Thanks Jason
I was not sure if it was your truck or Jims that had the oil covered bed. But your right the HTT is based off the same turbos but you don't seem to here anything bad about them. And like you said on the price for alittle over 2,550 you can have a 66/71/16 setup.