LB7 Turbo w/ stock injectors?

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
Hey guys, just wondering how a LB7 would run with stock injectors and cp3 with a GT40R Single Turbo. I plan on eventually building the trans and bracing the front end. But I was also wanting to do a single setup without having to change anything to the fuel because I JUST replaced the injectors. I was kinda wanting to get ARP Head Studs also just for safety reasons.

So guys can yall help me here? I'm not too smart with turbos yet, so you might have to put it in simple terms for me haha

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
I run a 4088r on my truck. Stock cp3 and injectors. Truck runs great. 4088 spins up faster than stocker. Big tune will make 42-44lbs boost. have not dynoed the truck since putting it on , but I think over 550 at the wheels. Even on stock tune the truck feels more responsive.

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
I run a 4088r on my truck. Stock cp3 and injectors. Truck runs great. 4088 spins up faster than stocker. Big tune will make 42-44lbs boost. have not dynoed the truck since putting it on , but I think over 550 at the wheels. Even on stock tune the truck feels more responsive.

Thanks dude. How big of a downpipe usually does it come with? Where did u get yours from?

Righteyeblind

Aug 29, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
If you are going with a gt40 I would go with the 4094R. I ran both and the 88 wasn't very strong and egts were really high with it. THe 94 made way more power then the 88 and spooled up just a bit slower then stock. I towed with it and daily drove with it. I ran a 12.30 with it on stock cp3 and stock injectors. They take a 3" downpipe.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
If you are going with a gt40 I would go with the 4094R. I ran both and the 88 wasn't very strong and egts were really high with it. THe 94 made way more power then the 88 and spooled up just a bit slower then stock. I towed with it and daily drove with it. I ran a 12.30 with it on stock cp3 and stock injectors. They take a 3" downpipe.
x2
Im sure Trent can put an install kit together for you.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
What power would I be looking at? How much boost would it be at? How responsive would it be

Pat ran 11.77 @ 114 and made around 674 with this turbo not sure what injector I think that was twin cp3's but not sure. I know this same turbo on a 2001 3500 excab dually on a single lbz cp3 and 45% injector with a 580 rwhp tune from Tony at Moonshine ran 12.78 @ 110 and the truck is used as a daily driver and towes and sled pulls on the weekend. He drives this truck from md to ct and ma all the time for work. It's a great all around driving turbo fast spool up I had the gt4094r on my truck this htt66 would spool and pull way harder with less egts.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
or just a supermax its been good to me im wanting to go bigger for power but it tows well an is not bad on egts with tuning

When I had the bd for sale you and someone else were having issues with them and was not happy with them then what's the change of heart. I stopped trying to sell those when you guys had trouble and for the little price diffence of going to the HTT.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
When I had the bd for sale you and someone else were having issues with them and was not happy with them then what's the change of heart. I stopped trying to sell those when you guys had trouble and for the little price diffence of going to the HTT.

They warrantied it an I've had no issues in 20000 miles but on still getting rid of it not really a change of heart, you been little jumpy towards people Henry what's the deal?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
They warrantied it an I've had no issues in 20000 miles but on still getting rid of it not really a change of heart, you been little jumpy towards people Henry what's the deal?

Not jumpy but if you ask. When I had anyone ask about the same turbo that your running now and that was posted in my area. You came and talked about how they did not hold up and a few other also did the same. Now that it's lasted you 20k your happy again so some of you guys are hard to read. I have cleaned out my candy area of parts and if people think I'm jumpy or I don't add tech or help to this forum I will be more then happy to leave for good to make that someone a happy person.