LB7 In A Boat Tuning?

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
A Local Airboat Shop in the area has some how fabricated an LB7 on the back of an Airboat and they want me to load a Tune in it. They claim they've kept the original Engine Harness.. I'm wondering if the Engne can even be Tuned W/O a TCM being used.. Any comments on this???:confused: If so how would you License it??

Joey

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
thats cool is it a lb7 or lly?
they still have the obdi connection? right

i would check it out and see what you think then try logging it before even trying to tune it
who know what codes they have set allready

either way sounds cool

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
They said they have the complete wiring harness for the Engine, including the OSB Port.. I'm thinking it'll go ahead and License ..I hope..When I plug into the ECM I would think it would be like normal and go ahead and give you the Vin and OS# Of the Truck it came out of.. We'll see Thurs.. I'll take pics of it.. This is gonna be pretty cool and scary at the same time..Just seems like an awful lot of Torque to put on a 16'X8' Boat...:D

Joey

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
16x8 boat:eek: :eek:
what kind of hull? prop? that thing is gonna be wicked, i miss the glades, i would love to be the fist builder of a dmax powered full track buggy:D

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
16x8 boat:eek: :eek:
what kind of hull? prop? that thing is gonna be wicked, i miss the glades, i would love to be the fist builder of a dmax powered full track buggy:D

It's an aluminum Panther hull, counter rotating power-shift props..If we get it right it will be the most power ANY Airboat has ever seen..This is just another example of how Diesel engines are going to take over the HP industry..

D-max full track Wow!!!! Now that's an idea..

They called me last night and they have the boat running. The only issue they say they have right now is it's ideling way to high..I'm sure there's more but they don't know sh!t about diesel's.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
coooool

idle thats easy,but why?
and like you say,thats all they know about

i agrree on the diesel taking over the HP industry

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
dont you think that boat is going to be alittle ass heavy? is he going to weight the front, i have seen a couple airboats in my time take flight from too much power and not enough front weight

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
um,i think joey has seen a flying boat before :eek:

new meaning to "airboat":rofl:

down in south florida (ft lauderdale) where i grew up they used to to have aiboat races where most of them would go over 100mph, i have seen a couple cut back flips

i see the new records now: first duramax powered airboat
first duramax to cut backflip
first duramax to fly

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
I alost died flying a race boat.. After 8years of racing them i was forced to retire:D

The d-max weighs 200lbs heavier than a BB Chevy.. They sripped the a/c,and p/s..Suprised me too!!!

Simon i think it's prob throwing so many dct's that it's got things out of wack?? We'll see today at 3pm..I brought the camera so i'll have pics and report back..