LB7: lb7 fpr mod

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
What's up fellas,in the shop and board outa my mind so decided to do a fpr /cp3 mod,got my lb7 reg and have a handle on how to do the mod but how does the reg come apart?Thought id ask before I broke somthin:DThanks

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I use a torx driver that just fits in the end. Be careful as it will distort the hole some if you pry back and forth to much... Also don't loose the small spring when you pull the fuel metering piston out. I also only modify the big end so it idles normal.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
I use a torx driver that just fits in the end. Be careful as it will distort the hole some if you pry back and forth to much... Also don't loose the small spring when you pull the fuel metering piston out. I also only modify the big end so it idles normal.

so the silver insert unscrews?i see the spring in there.
picture.php

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
No its pressed in... Maybe try a drill bit (the clamping end) the torx driver leaves little torx impressions in the silver tip. Just work it gently back forth and it will pop out. You will drill the silver disc out to whatever size the inside diameter of the spring is.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
No its pressed in... Maybe try a drill bit (the clamping end) the torx driver leaves little torx impressions in the silver tip. Just work it gently back forth and it will pop out. You will drill the silver disc out to whatever size the inside diameter of the spring is.

Thanks,will give it a go!

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
This what you guys are buying in the "bag o parts" which is way over priced IMOP... The pump can be removed in the truck as well, not easy but it can be done.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
alright.got the fpr disk out by using a drill bit in the end to pry it out,after crawling on my hands and knees to find it I pulled the barrel out
picture.php

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I'll offer some advice for the cut. Use a rotary cutting tool. I bought a cheap dremel one from sears. Mount the dremel in a vice not the metering piston... I ruined a junk LB7 fpr practicing this mod by trying to hold the dremel and cut the piston in a vice. You will have to hold the sleeve in your hand and very carefully make small cuts in the big end of the piston (basically widening the fat square, do both sides). It's up to you how much you want to take but it doesn't have to be a ton. Then use some 1000 grit sand paper to smooth the cuts. Remember the piston needs to slide smoothly in and out of the barrel of the fpr, don't force it.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Make sure that little cylinder's sides are smooth as glass after you open up the orifice. Any burr on that can cause it to hang up in its bore.

EDIT: treed by Burndown

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
I got the mod done now my album wont let me load and pict's all of a sudden,i add the album,submit but no spot to upload picts?!?!WTF I want to show this off.:DSuper easy to do to.