Large lift pump suggestions?

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
I always pre-fill, just didn’t know if that was something to make sure to keep an eye on. Appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
How does the AD 4G 200 stack up?

In what regard, fuel flow? All of the big name pumps flow close to what they claim. I believe Power Driven diesel did a few tests on lift pumps in regards to claimed flow/pressure.

IMO nothing can touch Fuelab in terms of big power flow-rate. For example, my Prodigy was hand tested and flowed with mineral oil before it left their company and that test sheet was included. My Prodigy is rated at 200gph @ 20psi. My actual pump flows ~225gph @ 10psi and closer to 235-240gph at 0psi.

AD/FASS claiming they remove air from the fuel is a gimmick IMO simply because gerotor pumps introduce turbulence into the fuel flow where as vane pumps (like the Fuelab) do not. The other benefits you gain from something like a Fuelab is the ability to run at a reduced speed when not in use reducing noise and increasing the lifespan of the pump.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I am looking into getting a lift pump, Is FASS no bueno?

I don't know if I'd go that far.

I like FASS in regards to 99% of guys. If you're going for big power I am not a fan of them. The last 165gph titanium signature I installed with a sump on a customer's truck honestly impressed me how quiet it was but that also was a bone stock LB7 that came in for exhaust/lift pump/tune/gauges.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Hate the way fass mounts. Are still loud compared toairdog. Customer service sucks. Tried a fass 260 on my race truck. Dropped to 0 psi just staging.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
My fass165 with sump is very quiet. My old 150 and sump was super loud. I did have a motor fail within 6 months on the 165 though. They replaced it but was a hassle. I would definitely look into something else if I were to start over