January '24 Chat -- Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Im completely in disbelief right now. Just praying we can keep the pressure on and come away with the win.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Definitely. The lions were fun to watch. I normally root for the underdogs as I don't really have a personal team to go for. But some of my family would disown me of I went with anyone but 9ers or raiders 🤣

So I'm going to have to go against the chiefs. As much as I enjoyed watching them beat the ravens

There is always next year...

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
can’t stand the chiefs. Let’s go 9er’s
They can be fun to watch sometime with the unique plays they sometimes do. And if they get on a roll with the big passing plays. But I hate Mahomes' attitude. He seems to think he's the best thing out there. And throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way. So, yeah, I'm rooting for the 9ers

Reactions: lutzjk913

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well Brown lasted a lot long then yellow freight did under the new labor contract, UPS announced it's cutting some 12,000 jobs
I called that 3 months ago. When UPS and the Teamsters waited to negotiate the contract until the last second, many shippers went to other companies or the USPS. OF COURSE we were going to lose volume. Their numbers are way low vs reality.
This past peak season was a joke. We were easily 25% lower volume than last year. Didnt hire any seasonal help for the first time in a very long time. I personally was more busy over the summer. I even took 6 days off during peak, and mgrs didnt have any problems filling my route, which is unheard of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.