Is My cheetha Sick ?

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
when my stock engine blew up I found my turbo had significant shaft play too. It was an HTT/McRat turbo though.

ben

The interesting thing ben is there not alot of in out shaft play well there wsent when it was full of oil but up down. it looks as if the saft flexed mabey im no expert so i dont know if tht possible. but basicly if you put a gram of weight on the end of the wheel it will make the wheel touch the case :confused: mabey the tolarances are to close or something afain im no expert so im not sure ill probbaly send it back to brayden and let him look at it to see wht he thinks

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
Based on your first post this started after you sled pulled with it, correct?

Did you race it (street/strip) and tow prior to the pull?

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
whts funnny the turbos not rt ether it has been hitting he case and all marhed up :confused:

Since when are you so serious .... oh because its your motor now not mine . :D No joking allowed .

You know I knew the turbo also showed signs of scraping , I was just making a funny .

And at the pulls tommy was pedalling it .

The barking only happened when towing on the race tune also .

I rode in the truck day before it blew and it ran like a top and you heard no noise or scraping or barking .

Maybe when it was barking previous towing it was pushing the impeller into the housing . Had to be when it happened I think . Or when it let loose .

I spun the turbo and felt it when they were pulling motor , it wasnt scraping but showed signs of it on housing and it was tighter than you would think it would be and harder to turn than it should be . Not alot of shaft play either .

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Whats the difference in the diameter of a Cheetha turbo shaft (is it a stock shaft?) and 4094?

HOT ROD

Sep 17, 2008
good possiblity the turbo bearings are cooked since u said it didnt spin like it should

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
well from wht he told me irc corectley he threads the other end of the stock shaft becuase a lmm is a boreless comp wheel desgighn. and was worried origonalluy about over speeding the shaft with the bigger 71 wheel becuase he dint think the stock shaft could take it? but again could be wrong thts just wht irc.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
humm, I wonder if they are seeing any harmful vibration, spinning a larger wheel on the stock shaft??

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I thought brayden said over on DP.com that the shaft was upgraded as well? :confused:
What you are referring to was in the LB7 Cheetah thread. That's because the LB7 Cheetah is a whole new turbo with a machined stock exhaust housing.