inter cooler pipes and downpipe

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
Thinking of ordering intercooler piping and deleting my egr when I do that, what intercooler piping do they make that goes from the intercooler to the y bridge? What's the pros and cons? Also who makes the best downpipe or are they all about the same.
Thanks

Drock

Apr 20, 2015
Garrison ND
Down pipes are usually all the same. Typical 3". Some come heat wrapped. As far as egr delete goes there are many companies. Sdp, hsp, profab, dhd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
Just call hsp and ask for a hot and cold side pipe. And get the cheapest down pipe. If you have access to a welder you can just cut the up pipe at the bend in the neck, pinch it shut with a vise and weld it shut.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
My lbz had no codes when deleting the grid heater

Mine is still in place to look stock just gutted and unplugged and it threw an SES and I retrieved some codes, you got lucky unless you have an EFI tune and the grid and EGR was disabled. I don't see how it could not being a stock truck with stock tuning with an emissions device not operational....

Thinking of ordering intercooler piping and deleting my egr when I do that, what intercooler piping do they make that goes from the intercooler to the y bridge? What's the pros and cons? Also who makes the best downpipe or are they all about the same.
Thanks

Fill out your signature so we know what year your truck is...

Last edited:

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Mine has codes for the grid heater and EGR motor being removed without being retuned.

Corey

joe@HSPDIESEL

Jun 25, 2013
DHD makes one that retains the intake heater, most delete the intake heater and when you do that you need an EFI tune/tunes to disable the SES light....

Most people typically do tuning to take care of the EGR at the same time as well.

This is our latest coldside tube for the LBZ/LMM. We've had great luck with these even on a compound turbo application.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks for the BRIGHT RED PICTURE Joe, but mine has to pass a visual emissions and that pipe would fail me even though the "techs" at the emissions station are not the sharpest pencils in the box......:thumb:

I had to go back and disable the intake heater in my DSP5 tune via EFI, my single tune was OK just forgot to disable the intake heater in the DSP5 tune...

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Joe, have you guys considered making a piece to replace the plastic quick connect coupler on the intercooler outlet? Mishimoto sells a kit, but they uses 3.5" tubing and require you to buy the complete set that is designed to work with the factory intake piping.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Joe, have you guys considered making a piece to replace the plastic quick connect coupler on the intercooler outlet? Mishimoto sells a kit, but they uses 3.5" tubing and require you to buy the complete set that is designed to work with the factory intake piping.

I picked up a complete set on craigslist for $150.00 and installed one of their hotside pipes, what a difference....

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Most people typically do tuning to take care of the EGR at the same time as well.

This is our latest coldside tube for the LBZ/LMM. We've had great luck with these even on a compound turbo application.

That really makes me want to ditch my 366 set up and go back to vgt with something on top of it, looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe@HSPDIESEL

Jun 25, 2013

Josh it has been discussed, but with the cost to machine that piece we don't believe we would sell many and really haven't heard of many guys having issues with the factory plastic piece. It might be something we can look into, it could be an option for both this setup and the compound kit y-bridge with coldside. We do have a new y-bridge setup coming in the next few weeks that should simplify install!

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
A little late to the party but I like my profab cold side pipe with their y bridge and I have a banks hot side pipe everything fit together nicely :thumb: