Injector Voltage problem

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
My truck keeps throwing this code (P2146) whenever I get on it. It is doing it all the time now when I get on it hard. When it does it I think it shuts off injectors 1-4, it will start running really rough and will do so until I shut it off and clear the code.

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7397&highlight=Code+P2146

From what I have read the ecm isn't supplying the correct amount of voltage to the injectors and when it detects the problem it throws the code and shuts the injectors off. Why is it doing this?? What could cause this? Is it something with the tune or DSP maybe?

Thanks
Mike

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
Hmm thats wierd I'll have to look it over see if I can see something that might be to tight in there. Thanks Rob

Anyone have any other ideas??

keith2500hd

MOTORKILLER
Jul 20, 2008
Burlington,iowa
think you will need to wiggle wires, like others said. when you get on it something is pulling, either seperated wire, chaffing wire or possibly pulling pin back in connectoer long enough for drop, but once power pulled back, pin gets pushed back in place by sealing stuffer. note; just spent 3 days looking for lose of power on outboard, but restarted no problem. after hooking laptop up and watching signal voltages, tug on harness and voltage went up/down. secured harness and tested, nomore problem. i have leared to run hand along the length of wires and any unusual feeling to check it out, have good light and some kind of mirror.

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
My guess is engine rocking under load, torqueing on the wiring harness

Looks like you were right again:thumb:

Pulled some stuff off top of motor and re routed some wire bundles to give them some more slack and now it is running fine:)

Thanks again

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
I just fixed a truck that had that code it was on an 03 it was the #5+7 wiring harness, I replaced it an no more problem, I don't know if it would be the same, Good Luck

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Looks like you were right again:thumb:

Pulled some stuff off top of motor and re routed some wire bundles to give them some more slack and now it is running fine:)

Thanks again

Id be checking the drivers side motor mount to see if the rubber is broken, too.

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
I give up:rolleyes: Called the stealership today they are gonna look at it Friday so I am sure my truck will be down now for another week.

I have been fighting this damn code problem all summer, just when I think I got it fixed for good it comes up again. Before it just flared up when I got on it hard now today it comes on once the truck starts and can't get it to go away. When it comes on it shuts at least one injector off and runs like sh!t.

This is getting old, I am about to go buy a Ford:rolleyes:

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
Yes wiring harness on a couple injectors were loosing connection. Once they did it would shut off two injectors at at time and not turn them back on until I reset code. The dealer got a couple of new injector harnesses with pig tails and spliced the wires in.