Injector cupless lb7 heads!!

DuraGoode

Jan 27, 2010
Heads

I personally been running david's cup less injector heads, along with his valve springs and his port and polishing, His work is top notch. It is a night and day difference between stock heads and these heads.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
sounds like a no brainer for the guys with high hp lb7's. if i had a high output lb7 and was fighting constant cup issues, id pay twice what you're charging to never worry about it again. good work. doubt i'll be building a motor anytime soon, but when i do i have to fit these into the build budget somehow.

duramax-rob

duramax-rob
Nov 26, 2008
mt. home, ar
Great work! Interested in a set of your heads. truck now has 157,000 miles. I have a problem with my 01 lb7. 2-3 years ago, about 30.000 miles ago, I had a dealer in west plains, mo install a new fuel pump and regulator. After I pick up the truck, driving home, it went pow and blew white smoke and quit running. The dealer towed back, replaced injectors on drivers bank and fuel pump. He test drove and did the same thing again. He said both times it blew the tops of the injectors. Took left head off and it checked ok. Found out banjo bolt for return line on left head bottomed out and no fuel returned. Shimmed bolt and has run since. 6 months later in winter when below 40degrees, it misses and smokes white. Did a compression check and #4 and #8 cylinder have 280 lbs and rest have 360lbs. when above 40 degrees, the compression in those two cylinders come up to 310 and 320 lbs. Since the cylinders were overfueled, could it possible be the cups. If it probably is the cups, what are the symptoms of bad cups. When 45-50 degrees and above, everything seems normal.. If it sounds like cups, I would be very interested in purchasing a set of head. I will be pulling engine this spring when warmer. I'm thinking it could be a broken ring in whose 2 cylinders. Thanks rob

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
the idea sounds great , but how would you keep the threaded cup from being to deep or shallow , hence changing the spray pattern of the injector on the piston ??;)

Just the bottom of the cup is threaded...Keeps injector in stock location.