Injector cupless lb7 heads!!

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Well I just will have to get up with you David. I will need them back in about a week.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Looks good guys. I'm assuming you have a way to pressure check these after you get all the machine work done?

It has been done before, but not for resale. This is good for guy's that don't have the ability or the resources to do something like this themselves.

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Could you IM me a price and details for this. My Vet has an 02' LB7 with 3 injector jobs and that's sick for a machine with mystery breakdowns. He loves the truck and has kept it but has managed to have the patience to fix this problem that many times. Not me but he can deal with wait and see run it and try again. Dealer fixed and still leaked again he would really look at this work. Last week I found where LBZ heads were interchanged for the LB7 on a thread and that sounded as close to a solution as I''ve seen with only the limited looking I've done on it. Glad to see somebody might have it solved. The truck I mention is a Daily Driver at stock tune set up. It does carry 1200 lb. refrig. box and trade tools all the time a vet needs for calls. That truck should carry that with no problem hopefully. Thanks if you can IM for price, work description, shipping costs to 80521.

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
Could you IM me a price and details for this. My Vet has an 02' LB7 with 3 injector jobs and that's sick for a machine with mystery breakdowns. He loves the truck and has kept it but has managed to have the patience to fix this problem that many times. Not me but he can deal with wait and see run it and try again. Dealer fixed and still leaked again he would really look at this work. Last week I found where LBZ heads were interchanged for the LB7 on a thread and that sounded as close to a solution as I''ve seen with only the limited looking I've done on it. Glad to see somebody might have it solved. The truck I mention is a Daily Driver at stock tune set up. It does carry 1200 lb. refrig. box and trade tools all the time a vet needs for calls. That truck should carry that with no problem hopefully. Thanks if you can IM for price, work description, shipping costs to 80521.

Wow , are you saying that you know of a stock truck with injector cup issues?? Some guys on here feel there is no need for a fix on stock trucks :rolleyes: Anyways , yes sir we will be in touch to get you the info you have requested. Thanks Trey

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I really don't understand the hating type post about this upgrade. It is pretty simple. Some people can benefit from this and some may not benefit. Everyone has a choice on how and where to spend their money at. It is a good thing that some people try to improve some of the flawed ways GM has done different aspects of their engineering and design. Good job David in providing some of those improvements.:thumb:

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
For those that want to get rid of the cups it seems like a pretty economical way compared to buying LLY heads, new hardware, and new injectors, having heads ported,etc.

As somebody who makes a living making and selling machined parts, it seems it's always a bad sign when somebody starts out with "well that's expensive....all ya gotta do is....." :spit:

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
For those that want to get rid of the cups it seems like a pretty economical way compared to buying LLY heads, new hardware, and new injectors, having heads ported,etc.

As somebody who makes a living making and selling machined parts, it seems it's always a bad sign when somebody starts out with "well that's expensive....all ya gotta do is....." :spit:

very well said:thumb:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I think the cup would still seat and seal in the same place with a thread in design. Doesn't eliminate the cups like your design does but would likely reduce the chance of them lifting.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I think its cool! im gunna concider this when i tear my engine down but cash is the limitation. just one less issue to worry about though

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I know what your saying. I am totally suprised at the negative ways of this site. Arent we all on the same team I thought it was called DURAMAXDIESELS? The negative thoughts should be geard at the cummins guys and powerjokes not your own kind.:confused::confused:

No one has hated on you!? All they have added was there thoughts including myself, your product is great and no one has said different?

Don't cry lil guy... This is a real hot rod site, with real opinions