#%^*ing thieves

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
good to hear. extra cookie in the gas guys stocking this year :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Rand1027

Somewhere huffing diesel
Oct 5, 2009
Ruston, La
THIS is why you shoot to kill. Dead people cant tell stories (unless your 2pac). All you gotta say is they stated they had a gun and reached into their pocket and you feared for yours and your families safety. Whos gonna argue that? I dont give a shit what anyone says but if you are breaking into my home with my family in it or stealing something out of my shop/garage I will make that determination of what to do. If people start eliminating these assholes others will likely think twice about doing so in the future. The whole damn reason they do it is because they know if they get caught they will not get severely punished and also because they know people are scared to shoot them in the first place. I got a CCW for a reason. Its just one more thing in your favor if this ever does occur.

In Louisiana we can shoot ask questions later so long as the person was unlawfully entering a dwelling, business or motor vehicle. So carjackers and burgulars watch out. Also there isnt a duty to retreat either before shooting like in some states :thumb:

Last edited:

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
good to hear. extra cookie in the gas guys stocking this year :thumb::thumb::thumb:

He is for sure getting a ham from the company this year. That truck is like a pet to us. Been through a lot with that ole gal. Glad to have it back:cool2:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
In Louisiana we can shoot ask questions later so long as the person was unlawfully entering a dwelling, business or motor home. So carjackers and burgulars watch out. Also there doesnt isnt a duty to retreat either before shooting like in some states :thumb:

In Colorado it was known as the "make my day law"

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
That suck wolf had you though about a security system or at least cameras? We have them and have even gone as far as setting them up on some of our job sites. Its not that expensive really.

This thread show how important it is to know the state laws about protecting your property. In the great state of TX my neighbor can go out and shoot someone breaking into my truck. As well as someone who is running from my house ofter stealing my property.:thumb:

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Ha I was just reading up on that, obviously these guns laws havent change the criminals minds.

yea because we arent killing enough of them
im in louisiana and your car shop all that is considered an extension of your home

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
I couldnt agree more. Unless they are putting a life at risk, just let it go and call the cops/insurance.

Easy to say that but hard to actually have that mindset. Someone hit my truck 3 times last year, walked away with around 10k in tools that were locked up. I lost a truck to some bastard who decided he needed it more than I did. I work hard for my shit, pay my insurance premiums and still get ****ed in the long run. Can't say for certain what I would do catching someone in the act, but hopefully sanity will prevail over emotions..... Cant help but picture what playing softball with their head would make me feel like.

Rand1027

Somewhere huffing diesel
Oct 5, 2009
Ruston, La
yea because we arent killing enough of them
im in louisiana and your car shop all that is considered an extension of your home

True, my house was robbed the 26th of last month and I promise I would have shot whoever it was. Though it wouldnt be with the intent to kill but I would defintely aim for something painful like a knee.

Unless they are putting a life at risk, just let it go and call the cops/insurance.

Like whitetrash said its easier said than done, when I found out my house was broken into I was a hour and half away. I told my self its nothing that cant be replaced, but once I started drive I became overwhelmed with emotions, furious, just thinking of what they could have stole. When I got home my worst fears were true everthing I had almost 10k of stuff was gone! Now I just sit here with no tvs and fester in my angier thinking what I would do if I caught them. Oh and the cops dont care the investigator didnt show up at my house until 5 days later. Sorry for the rant.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
what is shooting them gonna do though. "oh it will teach them a lesson!!"

bullshit. No it wont. They will go to the hospital, you'll get in trouble, have to go to court, they will sue you, etc etc etc blah blah blah. Then you'll have to settle, they will get out of prison in a year, and they will be right back stealing shit again.

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC

bullshit. No it wont. They will go to the hospital, you'll get in trouble, have to go to court, they will sue you, etc etc etc blah blah blah. Then you'll have to settle, they will get out of prison in a year, and they will be right back stealing shit again.

It will give you a sense of accomplishment, knowing that you are part of the solution. Around here if I see a stranger after dark, I rob them. "preemptive strike" :thumb:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
As long as they aren't running away when you shoot them it is legal in KS, but you CAN NOT shoot them in them back in anyway.

Sorry to hear man, glad you got your truck back. Obama has braught this to our world now. Alot of desperate people out there right now no jobs out there and people need to survive and low lifes choose to take from the people who have worked for everything they have. It's a sad sad time for the USA

LBZ_Duramax

May 12, 2009
North Carolina
www.parrishfire.com

"Dead men tell no tales" My truck has a loaded 40 S&W XD, my wife has a .357 snub revolver with a crimson trace laser grip beside the bed and in her car, I have a loaded .44 on my side of the bed and a 870 pump loaded to the gills with 00 Buck in case things et real ugly. These are just the ones I can get to in a hurry, I have a safe full too. No since in being unprotected.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!

They can't sue you if they're dead! :thumb:

This is what Texas law says:

The actor's belief that the force was
immediately necessary as described by this subsection is presumed
to be reasonable if the actor:
(1) knew or had reason to believe that the person
against whom the force was used:
(A) unlawfully and with force entered, or was
attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor's occupied
habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment;
(B) unlawfully and with force removed, or was
attempting to remove unlawfully and with force, the actor from the
actor's habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment; or
(C) was committing or attempting to commit
aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual
assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida

You are assuming I'm a bad shot ;)

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
You're right, dead people cant sue you.

But their families can, etc etc etc...

All you guys talk the talk but Id be hard pressed to believe that if any of you guys were put in that situation tomorrow, you would actually shoot to kill if some idiot started messing with your truck. Until it actually happens, its all talk. Im sorry, and I dont mean to offend you guys and your badass-seriousness, but I just dont buy it. :eek:

what about those hillbillies in texas that shot that family who was offroading on their property? That worked out really well for them didnt it. :rolleyes:

until it happens, no macho puffing out of chests or flashing of weapons you have will convince me. Sorry... :(

ben

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
Infrared Deer cameras works good on catching thieves us rednecks have to multitask with our stuff :grd:

picture.php

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You're right, dead people cant sue you.

But their families can, etc etc etc...

All you guys talk the talk but Id be hard pressed to believe that if any of you guys were put in that situation tomorrow, you would actually shoot to kill if some idiot started messing with your truck. Until it actually happens, its all talk. Im sorry, and I dont mean to offend you guys and your badass-seriousness, but I just dont buy it. :eek:

what about those hillbillies in texas that shot that family who was offroading on their property? That worked out really well for them didnt it. :rolleyes:

until it happens, no macho puffing out of chests or flashing of weapons you have will convince me. Sorry... :(

ben

You have to use some common sense, but if someone is breaking into my truck or my residence, you're damn right I will shoot them if I can. No, I won't aim for a knee or something. I aim for center mass. I have a loaded 12 gauge and 1911 handy at my place, and I know how to use both. I hope I never have to use them, but I will if I feel it is necessary.