Indicator Light when TC is Locked

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
What I really want is a digital Gear Indicator.

Anyone smart enough to figure that out? I would imagine that there is a way.

x222222. I always have to put it into M mode to figure out what gear Im in, just need to make that readout "active" 100% of time, perhaps replacing the M label.

6 speeds anyway, sorry LLY :baby::angel:

Looks like member sjsperdute on DP has one, id PM him but I cant do dat :rolleyes:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
You are more than welcome to post links to other websites here. Most websites are that way.

But understand that several members of this board are forbidden from reading TDP, so it is often best to post the content as well as the link.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Courtesy of Max Power:

All you need is a standard LED any color and a 1k resistor. (I said it was cheap)

What you need to do is go to your TCM and locate 2 wires. The wires we need are in the top plug of the TCM. Remove the plug and remove the wire protector portion of the plug. You will probably need to remove a bit of tape as well. You are looking for a Brown wire which will be in position 29 and a green/white wire in position 32. Solder 1 wire on to each of those 2 wires and run them into the cab. Keep track of the color because polarity is important.

The green/white wire will go to one end of the 1k resistor. The other end of the 1k resistor will go to the anode of the LED. The anode is the longer of the 2 leads.

The brown wire will go to the cathode of the LED. (shorter lead)

You could also run the Anode to a wire that is +12v only when the ignition is on.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal

yea my edge insight has a digital gear indicator as well as tcc lock up and slip and abunch of other cool fetures

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

IIRC you can log gear with EFI, If you are logging the TCM

problom is if you want to log the ECM at the same time

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I thought I would miss having the "current gear" display on my edge when I took it out, but in reality, I know the truck well enough at this point to not even need it; I can just look at the tach, feel the truck, and know what gear its in.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I just found this thread, My light is done and in the A- pillar. And i also have alittle switch that does some crazy stuff to the torque converter :D more to come when i get time, I have been testing this for about 3 weeks now. The only thing i dont like is the damn co-pilot goes hay wire sometimes when you unlock and lock the TC a couple of times, It wont shut off or change levels, It just stays in the middle setting until you turn the truck off than back on