Allison 6sp: Important 2015.5+ Allison info

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Wow did this thread get derailed... Lol...

Anybody have any input on the vibration issues associated with the use of this new TCM?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Seriously though our licence test is a joke compared to the rest of the world. It should be much much harder. Everyone else can walk. It's practically a right now.

Wait... We're talking about tcms now?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
My brother just filed suit for lemon law on his early 2015 Duramax for a driveline vibration that GM could not fix. Cruising at 70-75 it would shake consistently on a smooth road, nothing violent but annoying.

He's pretty sure it was the driveshaft but the techs were determined it was tires and wheels. Either way, the vibration was a nuisance and they are eating the truck because of it.

I love my 2015! Sooooo comfortable and such a better handling feel than my LMM. She's slow, but everything else is improved from my pov. Very luxurious with a clean fit/finish. Nice and quiet cruising down the highway too

I like the collision sensor. Don't care for the lane change sensor, I leave it off. the collision is a nice touch tho!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
The inner forks and guides are more likely to go before the encoder motor. I do want to add a switch on my front actuator so I can use 2lo when backing my trailer in.

Btw, you could go completely old school, lock that front actuator up and now you have nothing electronic for 4wd on a floor shift but the front dshaft will turn 100% of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya but I like the fact my front driveshaft lasts longer than 50 000km. Unlike my brother in laws '03 3500 Ram. Driveshaft is always turning every couple of years he throws $500 at a new one.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
My brother just filed suit for lemon law on his early 2015 Duramax for a driveline vibration that GM could not fix. Cruising at 70-75 it would shake consistently on a smooth road, nothing violent but annoying.

He's pretty sure it was the driveshaft but the techs were determined it was tires and wheels. Either way, the vibration was a nuisance and they are eating the truck because of it.

I love my 2015! Sooooo comfortable and such a better handling feel than my LMM. She's slow, but everything else is improved from my pov. Very luxurious with a clean fit/finish. Nice and quiet cruising down the highway too

I like the collision sensor. Don't care for the lane change sensor, I leave it off. the collision is a nice touch tho!

Well... That throws my theory right out the window...:hello:

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
After owning a 15 for 7 months I can without a doubt say all these creature technological advancements are very nice to have. I remember hearing from farmers why in the heck would someone ever need auto steer. Now I don't ever want to drive a tractor without it.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
.....and here I'm happy that I have heated seats in this one.....wtf?!?:confused::rofl: Guess I'm behind the curve a little bit.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ya but I like the fact my front driveshaft lasts longer than 50 000km. Unlike my brother in laws '03 3500 Ram. Driveshaft is always turning every couple of years he throws $500 at a new one.

Yup! No way I'd lock it up for good. Only gunna add more wear and tear as well as drop mpg a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
How did a TCM thread turn onto a lane departure new technology discussion???

Let's stay on topic and see if there are any other 15's with vibration issues...