I'm going to have to retire.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I will be retiring at the end of this month. My wife has cancer and I need to take care of her. I am also going to need an operation after that and it will lay me up for a while.
Evan at Elevated Ingenuity will be taking over as the new owner. Shop will be in good hands and my crew is staying on. I will be in and out of the shop helping Evan on a regular basis cause I don't have a life other than transmissions. I will still be here helping everyone and take any tech calls. I still need to finish the new 10 speed program with Evan.

Reactions: LWATSON

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Sorry to hear about the health problems, Mike. Good to hear the business will be in good hands. I hope you are able to enjoy your retirement once you and the wife are both recovered.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Get well. We will all miss you. Glad you plan to stick around for a while and ease the transition for us during this stressful time. I hope you and your wife make it through with no issues.

Is Even moving out to your shop to run things or is it going to be from his back east? As you say it, it sounds like he will be moving back here to your shop to take over. If so, I can't think of anyone better to hand the torch too

Reactions: LBZ

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Get well. We will all miss you. Glad you plan to stick around for a while and ease the transition for us during this stressful time. I hope you and your wife make it through with no issues.

Is Even moving out to your shop to run things or is it going to be from his back east?
He will be here and all warranty's will be in effect so not to worry. I will always be around here and at the shop.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
As Mike said if any sort of warranty issue may arise they will be covered as they would of been with Mike at helm and any new builds will take on Elevated’s liftetime for original purchaser warranty.

Potthoffdmax

Mar 2, 2010
Kingman az
Sorry about your wife’s news.. Glad you’re leaving the shop in good hands.. Congratulations on the retirement. Make sure you get those golf games in👍

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
Mike, I will be praying for you and your family through these tough times. If there is anything I can do let me know!

Evan, good luck on your journey and welcome to California!

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Wow, so sorry Mike. Glad to hear that Evan is taking over, and that he’s keeping the employees too. It’s at least a nice part to an otherwise sad story. All the best to you and your wife, as you make your way through this rough patch. Prayers/vibes and all the best thoughts to both, of course.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I hope you and your wife recover quickly, and you can enjoy retirement. Glad you're going to stick around for a while to keep passing on the trans knowledge.

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Listen my friend, you’ve earned this. You and your wife have some hiccups to work out but I know you both will pull through. Time to hit some courses across the US, go visit old friends or new friends, be that old man out street racing young punks and kicks their ass, and enjoy this time. You’re a damn kid at heart and our chats are always great. Time to start that next chapter and make new great memories! I look forward to hearing about them or even being apart of them when we can!

Btw guys, there is no way in hell Mike will leave here. His life long addictions to transmissions must be fulfilled somehow and I’m sure here will help ease that itch. He will always have a place here with a special room full of sheep and Velcro gloves

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
I will be retiring at the end of this month. My wife has cancer and I need to take care of her. I am also going to need an operation after that and it will lay me up for a while.
Evan at Elevated Ingenuity will be taking over as the new owner. Shop will be in good hands and my crew is staying on. I will be in and out of the shop helping Evan on a regular basis cause I don't have a life other than transmissions. I will still be here helping everyone and take any tech calls. I still need to finish the new 10 speed program with Evan.

First off Mike, you do have another life and that is to take care of your wife first. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts for this little hiccup in life. I would like to say that it was honor to have you work on my vehicles. I also would like to say thank you for the great conversations. I know Evan will take pride in the fact of taking over your business and continuing with it. When the hiccup is over, any Friday name the place for the golf round.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Sorry to hear Mike but family first is a great policy. I hope all turns out well for both of you. Prayers sent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Best of luck Mike, if they caught it early the outcomes are very positive these days. Enjoy retirement after the healing!

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Sorry to hear about the wife. Praying things go well for her AND for you. Thank you for all the knowledge you imparted to the forums over the years and I hope to see you pop in from time to time with good news.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Listen my friend, you’ve earned this. You and your wife have some hiccups to work out but I know you both will pull through. Time to hit some courses across the US, go visit old friends or new friends, be that old man out street racing young punks and kicks their ass, and enjoy this time. You’re a damn kid at heart and our chats are always great. Time to start that next chapter and make new great memories! I look forward to hearing about them or even being apart of them when we can!

Btw guys, there is no way in hell Mike will leave here. His life long addictions to transmissions must be fulfilled somehow and I’m sure here will help ease that itch. He will always have a place here with a special room full of sheep and Velcro gloves
James I couldn't of said it any better brother!. Mike I will put your wife and your in our families prayers! I have never talked to you in person but from what others have said about you, I hope to meet and talk to you one day. You sir are a Legend!!!!

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dndj