I want efi

fastgreek

May 20, 2008
Macungie, Pa
I am running Pat's 502 tune. I love the tune. I have towed 15,000 lbs with the race tune in my truck with no problems. I had the PPE tuner first. Pat's tune smokes the PPE tunes. My EGT's are lower my MPG are better. It is the only way to go. I have no need for any other tunes in my truck.

how much power does this 502 tune put out?

I have an lmm, but i want to change tunes because i pull trailers alot. So if i get efi live can i load the v2 with different tunes and just reflash it when i want to hook up to a trailer. Also how long does that take if you can?

Standalone DTC's is fully functional and released, standalone logging is functional and available for download (it's considered pre-release), and standalone flashing is moving into beta.

This means that to change your tune, you will need a laptop/desktop connection until standalone flashing is released.

Congrats on chosing McRat racing for your purchase. You can't go wrong with Pat and Kat.

Cheers
Cindy

psyco66

Apr 14, 2008
San Mateo, CA
how much power does this 502 tune put out?

502 RWHP. You need a lift pump to make that power. My truck with the 502 tune and now lift pump made around 440RWHP and 800RWTQ. My rail pressure dropped at 2500RPM and that is when my power fell off. I will be back on the dyno in a couple of weeks with the lift pump on the truck. Let me tell you the ass dyno say the truck is atleast 500RWHP.

psyco66

Apr 14, 2008
San Mateo, CA
The 502 tune does not smoke. That is what I like about it. The PPE smoked like a freight train and I was pissing people off all the time. The other thing I like is when Cummins and Powerstrokes pull up they think my truck is stock because it does not smoke then they get smoked and are like what the hell is in that thing.

I have 2 of Pat's tunes and both of them are very clean tunes. Only way to go if you ask me.

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
I sell EFILive for $749 + actual shipping. You can have as many tunes as you like. Currently you still need a notebook computer as the standalone functions are still in testing.

Call me at 951 270 0808 for details, if no answer, leave message.

hey how crucial is the fuel rail shim kit and ported fuel rail fitting for the lmm. i have both but have not put them on yet. will it help with the lift pump i have

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
hey how crucial is the fuel rail shim kit and ported fuel rail fitting for the lmm. i have both but have not put them on yet. will it help with the lift pump i have

It depends on the truck. Wendy has neither :D But, I do have a lift pump.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo

Jeff, maybe this will help

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1995&highlight=bottle+test

If your leaking fuel, and the bottle test will show this, then I would recommend you do the shim. The ported fuel rail fitting is simple to do, so since you have it, I would say go ahead and at least do that.

Oh, remember, we logged your truck last weekend, your IAT's were thru the roof compared to the other truck we logged, So some form of a better CAI would be a good investment as well.:D

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
hey what efi live tune do you have on your truck. also did you ever have ppe. my lmm just feels sluggish on the 300 down low. Also have my ppe hot race for sale

Im running tunes that nick Duramaxtuner built for me. Did you build your trans before you ran the big PPE tune? I had the PPE and it was a very good tuner, but then I started doing all kinds of other things to the truck where I needed EFI.
Also on a bigger tune I needed the Shim but not the ported fittings. Now that I have the dual fuelers and 40% injectors I have the the rail fittings ported.

quick update if some of you are wondering:
I should be firing the truck up tonight, if not tonight it will be monday sometime....

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
Im running tunes that nick Duramaxtuner built for me. Did you build your trans before you ran the big PPE tune? I had the PPE and it was a very good tuner, but then I started doing all kinds of other things to the truck where I needed EFI.
Also on a bigger tune I needed the Shim but not the ported fittings. Now that I have the dual fuelers and 40% injectors I have the the rail fittings ported.

quick update if some of you are wondering:
I should be firing the truck up tonight, if not tonight it will be monday sometime....

yes i had the full built trans. thanks for the info man

fastgreek

May 20, 2008
Macungie, Pa
502 RWHP. You need a lift pump to make that power. My truck with the 502 tune and now lift pump made around 440RWHP and 800RWTQ. My rail pressure dropped at 2500RPM and that is when my power fell off. I will be back on the dyno in a couple of weeks with the lift pump on the truck. Let me tell you the ass dyno say the truck is atleast 500RWHP.

i installed a ppe lift pump but i have to figure out how to get my rail pressure up first.It falls off at wot.