I got Ripped Off! I need your Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Do you have to get it directly to their door? It may be worth talking to them and see if it can go to their local Fastenal (if they have one). Fastenal seems to be very reasonable for freight items. If not, I don't think it'll cost much more than ~$500-$700 to send it there directly to their loading dock.

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Ne-max shipped me a short block from Nebraska to NC for $500, had to pick it up at the terminal though.

Goad

Feb 29, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
I got a quote from Cal Transport to ship it from Vegas to Tampa for $458

I think I am just going to eat that $458 and call it a hard lesson learned.

My truck has been down since June 2019 and I am defeated. I just want it over with. I already have another motor lined up that's local..and cheaper. The quicker this is over, the quicker I can move on with my life.

I told them I want a written statement that says they will refund 100% of money with no fees taken out within 24 hours of receiving the shipment.

Once I get that, I will proceed with shipping arrangements.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sucks you have to pay return shipping, but at least they are taking it back. Continued good luck....

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
If I was in your shoes I would still fight it. How many more hours would it take to get them to refund the whole amount? I would definitely spend another 8 or more hours for an additional $458 even if it means getting the bank involved

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I think I’d just eat the 458 and call it a lesson learned too. I know what it’s like to get screwed over but you live and learn!

fish

Polish Mafia
Staff member
Jul 26, 2012
Peoria, AZ
The law is on your side. No reason to stay bent over, call your bank. It'll take 30 minutes on the phone, you'll have your money back right away, or 10 days. All of it. They have to pay for shipping. (I'm not talking out of my ass, I used to work in that area of one of the big banks).

You were told you'd be getting something completely different than you got. That's all you need to say. Don't go into it.

Goad

Feb 29, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
Yep, the law is on your side. No reason to stay bent over, call your bank. It'll take 30 minutes on the phone, you'll have your money back right away. All of it. They have to pay for shipping. (I'm not talking out of my ass, I used to work in that area of one of the big banks).

You were told you'd be getting something completely different than you got. That's all you need to say. Don't go into it.

...and you think this company will just shrug their shoulders and walk away? Even though I have a ton of evidence to prove I am right, they have every right to try to sue me. To me the stress and time, and lawyer fees n crap isn't worth $458. Just going to send it back and be done with it.

I have another motor on standby locally (friends brother n law) that has 180k miles on it. The story on it is that he was having a ton of issues with it he was fighting. He had a bunch of work done to it (including new injectors) but the issue still persisted. He got another motor, put it in and the issues still were happening. Turns out it was the wiring harness of the tuner he was using. Had a short or something in it. So it was never the engine all along. My buddy said he might even let me take it and install it to make sure it's working correctly before I pay.

I have to move by the end of the month, so this is my best option with the short amount of time I have.

fish

Polish Mafia
Staff member
Jul 26, 2012
Peoria, AZ
...and you think this company will just shrug their shoulders and walk away? Even though I have a ton of evidence to prove I am right, they have every right to try to sue me. To me the stress and time, and lawyer fees n crap isn't worth $458. Just going to send it back and be done with it.

I have another motor on standby locally (friends brother n law) that has 180k miles on it. The story on it is that he was having a ton of issues with it he was fighting. He had a bunch of work done to it (including new injectors) but the issue still persisted. He got another motor, put it in and the issues still were happening. Turns out it was the wiring harness of the tuner he was using. Had a short or something in it. So it was never the engine all along. My buddy said he might even let me take it and install it to make sure it's working correctly before I pay.

I have to move by the end of the month, so this is my best option with the short amount of time I have.

No, they're going to try and fight it... But the law is on your side, they're not going to sue you over a motor they refuse to pay shipping for. But whatever, it's your money not mine.

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
No, they're going to try and fight it... But the law is on your side, they're not going to sue you over a motor they refuse to pay shipping for. But whatever, it's your money not mine.

I just don’t understand why he asked for people’s help and so far every time someone has helped it’s not how he wants to do it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goad

Feb 29, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
I just don’t understand why he asked for people’s help and so far every time someone has helped it’s not how he wants to do it...

I get what you are saying - I really do...

...but I asked for help trying to identify the motor to help prove my case. Which I got a ton of help here and I am very grateful for. I didn't ever ask how I should handle the situation. I have only given those details to help people understand the situation I am in. Yes, I have listened to everyone's advice on what to do, but there are a lot of other variables weighing in with what I do about this situation (on of many examples: I have to move at the end of the month, time is limited) that will be the reason for my actions on how I handle it. Yes, it may not be the way some of you would handle this situation, but right now, with what I got going on in my life, this is the best way for me to proceed so I can move on with my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.