How's everyone doing with this virus crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AthenaLMM

Swiss Army Wife
Jan 29, 2020
Mesa, AZ
All is still well here. Arizona’s stay at home order expired on the 15th. We’re busier than ever and most of our clients don’t seem to care about masks or social distancing at all. The biggest complaints I’ve heard are about how much trash people are leaving behind on our public land. And traffic.

I stopped to assist with a gal that appeared to have a medical emergency on the freeway yesterday afternoon. She flopped over the center console and skipped her Lexus down the center median a few times before crossing six lanes of rush-hour traffic and slowing enough on the shoulder that people could break out a back window and get to her and throw it in park. It was a miracle that she was the only car involved and it appeared the only damage to her vehicle was the broken window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Now have 2 face masks hanging from my truck mirror, and cup holder full of the most valuable commodities in a pandemic. War Dogs fans should get that one..

I have also expanded my circle of trust to little over 4000 now. Not by choice, just best guess based off the family and friends I'm stuck assocating with.. Like little brother who I dropped off at airport to check waters couple days ago..
d69b05d90d164de544a149b0ba517e74.jpg
073b18974d33266209c7b897fd958fad.jpg
db59c6cdea484c48e128f36cb6c37d29.jpg

Sent from a reclined position using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AthenaLMM

Swiss Army Wife
Jan 29, 2020
Mesa, AZ
Now have 2 face masks hanging from my truck mirror, and cup holder full of the most valuable commodities in a pandemic. War Dogs fans should get that one..

I have also expanded my circle of trust to little over 4000 now. Not by choice, just best guess based off the family and friends I'm stuck assocating with.. Like little brother who I dropped off at airport to check waters couple days ago..
d69b05d90d164de544a149b0ba517e74.jpg
073b18974d33266209c7b897fd958fad.jpg
db59c6cdea484c48e128f36cb6c37d29.jpg

Sent from a reclined position using Tapatalk

Bet you paid $5/bottle for those tiny hand sanitizers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
It was all a bunch of bull shit... Go read C S Lewis's letter to to world about the atomic bomb and you will understand...;)

C. S. Lewis’s words—written 72 years ago—ring with some relevance for us. Just replace “atomic bomb” with “coronavirus.”

In one way we think a great deal too much of the atomic bomb. “How are we to live in an atomic age?” I am tempted to reply: “Why, as you would have lived in the sixteenth century when the plague visited London almost every year, or as you would have lived in a Viking age when raiders from Scandinavia might land and cut your throat any night; or indeed, as you are already living in an age of cancer, an age of syphilis, an age of paralysis, an age of air raids, an age of railway accidents, an age of motor accidents.”

In other words, do not let us begin by exaggerating the novelty of our situation. Believe me, dear sir or madam, you and all whom you love were already sentenced to death before the atomic bomb was invented: and quite a high percentage of us were going to die in unpleasant ways. We had, indeed, one very great advantage over our ancestors—anesthetics; but we have that still. It is perfectly ridiculous to go about whimpering and drawing long faces because the scientists have added one more chance of painful and premature death to a world which already bristled with such chances and in which death itself was not a chance at all, but a certainty.

This is the first point to be made: and the first action to be taken is to pull ourselves together. If we are all going to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, let that bomb when it comes find us doing sensible and human things—praying, working, teaching, reading, listening to music, bathing the children, playing tennis, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep and thinking about bombs. They may break our bodies (a microbe can do that) but they need not dominate our minds.

— “On Living in an Atomic Age”

• Love
Reactions: RMJ_LB7

Benny315

Benny
Feb 11, 2019
Backwoods, Savannah, NY
You guys all stay safe this weekend??, I know some of you live in these major city's.. Nothing here upstate NY, Rochester had a small incident but nothing major. My sister said they burnt the courthouse in Nashville. Due to not knowing anybody who even knows anybody having the "virus",, I guess we will see if it's real or not with all these protest's and such going on... On another note; when do we get to protest the DEA?? Stay safe everyone, keep your neighbors close and your doors and windows locked, herd the looting might move to the suburbs next.:hello:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Sooooooo, if you are a democrat you can protest? But if you are against democrats you can not??? This country is a powder keg...

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
I have a POS neighbor that was trying to lure me outside Friday night to kill me. Luckily the sheriff made it before any shots were fired or my home was torched. He got to spend the weekend in jail. So hopefully when he sees the judge this morning he pisses him off and gets thrown back in.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
How’s everyone making out? No one sick in my family. Getting tired of the doom and gloom on the news. Just a bunch of 1 sided BS. Luckily my work is doing good. My wife is a nurse for the school district and is stressed out over that BS. She has been running all my 6yo special needs son therapy and schooling. She is probably close to a mental break down, because all my sons issues are way worse since everything has been shut down. My 3yo little girl is missing her friends. We got her in swim classes, so that has helped for the last 3 weeks.

I won’t wear a mask other them where required by work. Thats only 5mins a day for a meeting. Everywhere has a mask mandate been, but nowhere I HAD to shop is enforcing it.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I doing fine, not even so much as the sniffles since this thing started. no one in my family / extended family has or had it. in fact, I don't know of anyone who has had it. everything I've heard is all like forth hand knowledge.

I don't wear a mask as much as possible too. a little for work. otherwise I walk past and ignore every mask mandate sign. I wash my hands regularly. but I have been doing that before covid. it's just the nature of my work and always cleaning up before the next task. unclogging toilets and fixing leaks, getting up close and personal with other peoples space and stuff. playing in the dirt, dealing with trash and dumpsters, etc. my immune system is likely more then up for the task if I encounter someone with it

Last edited:

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
Just got news a couple of days ago about a relative in my extended family with Covid. He is a dad raising 2 early college kids. He is in the hospital and now on oxygen, but not a ventilator. He was very clear that the virus is a hoax - no mask needed.

I don't know if he's a believer now or not.

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
None of my family or friends have caught it. I have been out doing Summer maintenance and none of my customers or their employees have been positive. Which we find very odd since they have never closed, and easily 95% do not wear masks or social distance. Lately due to testing being behind 2-3 weeks people have been positive and cured before they get the results. On a job site in Big Sky 116 workers tested positive but not 1 single person had a single symptom.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
*sigh* Nothing has changed in my life other than having to wear a mask in our building (idiotic) and when delivering into customer's businesses (Im ok with this).
However, my wife has to wear a mask at all times in her job, and she is now paying a price for it. Somehow, she developed a skin infection due to the mask rubbing on her nose/upper cheeks. She's on two antibiotics and has been told by her employer that she cannot go back to work until she can wear a mask again. She's been really depressed for a few days now.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Just got news a couple of days ago about a relative in my extended family with Covid. He is a dad raising 2 early college kids. He is in the hospital and now on oxygen, but not a ventilator. He was very clear that the virus is a hoax - no mask needed.

I don't know if he's a believer now or not.

I don't think any one here is suggesting that this virus is a hoax. more along the lines of it being over played. it appears to be less deadly than originally touted. sure, there are some, especially elderly and those with medical issues such as diabetes or conditions that weaken them.

it is sad for anyone to be in a condition that requires them to be hospitalized, on oxygen or a ventilator. but not wearing a mask is not something you can blame as there is no way to test weather having him/her wearing it would have prevented it. you can't go back in time and put a mask on and see if the outcome was different. for all we know he/she could have got it from someone else in their own family in their own home. or touched a contaminated surface and their eye. sometimes a mask would never stop.

it has been shown that the government is not the best source for medical information or guidance. nor should they be suspending any of our rights because of how they perceive the danger. no mask mandate was issued for sars, h1n1, swine flu or any other outbreak in recent history and we managed just fine.

with that being said, I do hope all comes out well for you and all your relatives and no one dies from this

Reactions: RMJ_LB7

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
*sigh* Nothing has changed in my life other than having to wear a mask in our building (idiotic) and when delivering into customer's businesses (Im ok with this).
However, my wife has to wear a mask at all times in her job, and she is now paying a price for it. Somehow, she developed a skin infection due to the mask rubbing on her nose/upper cheeks. She's on two antibiotics and has been told by her employer that she cannot go back to work until she can wear a mask again. She's been really depressed for a few days now.

wouldn't that be medical discrimination? shouldn't be too hard to get a doctor note stating she is exempt from wearing a mask due to her condition

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
wouldn't that be medical discrimination? shouldn't be too hard to get a doctor note stating she is exempt from wearing a mask due to her condition
As a Pharmacy Tech, its in their pandemic work rules. So it looks like she'll have to burn some personal vacation time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.